New XP Master - Deus II For Half The Price?

Steve Herschbach

24B5E623-1012-457A-96C4-C6908F65FE5F.jpeg8508C392-BF32-488D-8D88-60A98F94A9B1.jpeg5C02B761-CE27-4083-AB04-3C6DBA201700.jpegA2ABB956-6FF4-465E-8B85-8ED00605A6C5.jpeg

Manual: https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uploads/files/document/gb-ws6-deusii-userguide.pdf

Functions/Settings

FMF®: Fast and simultaneous Multi Frequency or 49 single frequencies from 4 to 45 kHz

All terrain: high performance on land and on the beach

12 installed factory programs + 12 users

Wide and precise discrimination range

Multiple dynamic audio options: PWM, SQUARE, and more to come

Audio Response, Iron volume, Multi Tones, Notch, Reactivity, Threshold with Audio frequency adjustable + many expert functions

Ground Grabbing

Motion and non-motion modes (pinpoint)

Fast Frequency Scan(EMI noise cancel in just 2 sec in Auto mode)

Independent Audio Volume for the WS6 MASTER, wireless headphones

Control the headphone volume levels via the WS6 puck

Headphones auto power On and Off

4 Bands Equalizerconfigurable on each audio output

More settings coming with the following updates

General Features

Wireless digital radio link between the coil, the WS6 puck, and the headphones (+ the optional wireless pinpointer MI-6)

Ultra-light detector: start from 750gr

Rainproof WS6 puck

Waterproof coils 22.5cm (9’’) – 28cm (11’’) and 34x28 cm (13x11’’) - antenna required when coil submerged

3 wireless headphone choices (WS6 / WSA II / WSA II-XL)

WS6 Wireless backphones: rain proof, light and foldable (removable module), with its own menu and clear graphic screen to use as a master control

USB software updates for WS6, WSA II and WSA II-XL

High performance lithium batteries (2 year warranty)

Battery life: Headphones 12H - Coil up to 20H depending on programs and frequencies (see user guide)

Quickly charge all 3 units in 3 hours

5 Year warranty and designed to last

Made in France

Pending patents

• Like 6

It even says Gold Prospecting in the brochure..........go figure.

I have this setup and man it is super lightweight. No major complaints.

The three things I want changed (besides poor gold prospecting performance)......Notch can only go to 00-00. I definitely do not want notch set at 00-00 when I am gold prospecting or micro gold jewelry hunting since so many of the targets I hunt tend to read 00...... XP has said that they will include Notch OFF in the next update..........Notch only applies to one notch being available unlike the three that are available on the full Deus  2 remote. 12 programs and 12 user profiles is a bit misleading. 12 programs and 1 user profile for each program is what it really means. I could create 12 user profiles based on just one program using the full Deus 2 remote. I can only set one user profile per program on the WS6 currently.

Otherwise, detectors don't get any lighter than this or more fun to swing. The display is easy to see for the most part and very easy to navigate....easier than the full remote in my opinion so far.

• Like 4

I’m confused. Is the master WS6 display different than the WS6 supplied on the full deus2 other than the stem mount and headphone adapter for the headset? My understanding is that with the full Deus 2 you can use the remote as master, or mount the puck on the stem ( with optional stem mount ) but I thought the only option then is wired headphones. Am I missing something?  
I’d sometimes use this way assuming I didn’t have to be tethered via wired phones. 

You are missing the inexpensive horseshoe shaped audio adapter. Put it on the back of the WS6, put the WS6 in the neoprene stem mount and you can use your own wired headphones or use an aftermarket wireless transmitter and headphones like a Garrett Z-Lynk. You can also not mount in on the staff and just put the WS6 in your pocket with wired headphones plugged into the audio adapter. Or you can pay $150 (something like that) and by the XP WSA ll wireless audio only headphones and pair them to the WS6 and put the WS6 wherever you want.

As long as you don't turn on the main RC, the WS6 will automatically be the Master. It has exactly the same display and features used that way as the WS6 standalone being advertised here.

• Like 3

Thanks for this clarification. So I am assuming the stem puck mount and the horseshoe adapter are available separately? Are they exclusive Deus ? Or    The same for original Deus ?  

thanks again 

17 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

.... The display is easy to see for the most part and very easy to navigate....easier than the full remote in my opinion so far. ....

Sometimes a little tricky . Some settings are on the left , and some others on the right . For example for changing the number of tones you have to use the bottom right button, and for changing to SQUARE  the bottom left . I would have preferred everything concening the audio on a single side ...  But it is just a matter of getting used to it ...

Anyway this Deus2 WS6 MASTER is a great package . Very efficient in the field and fun to use . At a reasonable price . A future best seller to my opinion ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Thanks for this clarification. So I am assuming the stem puck mount and the horseshoe adapter are available separately? Are they exclusive Deus ? Or    The same for original Deus ?  

thanks again 

Yes, most XP dealers sell the Puck's Stem Mount and Audio Adapter. They work for Deus I and II.

• Like 1

Thanks, Steve! That diving bag looks a little sketchy, but I don't dive so that doesn't matter to me. I will say I was out in some rain a few days ago with the Puck in a zippered pouch on my hat band and it got soaked but worked flawlessly. I am liking the Wristband idea though, with maybe the WSA II or WSA II XL wireless headphones. What a great way to get into a D2 for a lot less money. I almost wish I'd waited to go this route... almost.... 😉 

• Haha 1