New XP Master - Deus II For Half The Price?

Steve Herschbach

The puck set up is a great little set up. 

It offers a very good range of features for what it does....smf in a small package and with the large tid numbers available now being similar in size as the deus 1 numbers were....it is much larger than the deus 1 lite ws4 ID screen. 

It does everything I need it to for my detecting needs.

I do not use notch at all hardly and as far as the xy screen goes....i would rather use that in the full remote.

However  after reading the comments posted....I can see where individual notching numbers would be a good idea. 

An xy screen on the ws6.......I guess if your vision is great it might work ok. 

I bought the deus 2 for the large id numbers in the .71 upgrade 

Here I am fiddling with the ws6 master set up too with the wsaii backphones....it really works great for the type of detecting I do for relic hunting. 

Around old home sites and such.....I want the full remote. 

In a park environment the upgraded notch would come in handy for the jewelry hunters....but I do not think XP is going to offer every available option on the ws6.

It is a lower price point machine. 

I would take it over many other units out there in a heart beat myself.

• Like 1

they have bragging rights over ML ,they will never be able to build a ligher machine than the puckmaster

and will reman the lighest machine forever

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Try to take that puck in and around water............

It can go in that bag they sell  around you neck and with your own headphones should be good to go. 

But one thing I think people are missing out on is the fact that the ws6 deus 2 lite master set up was never intended to be the do everything   the deus 2 does and it isn't going to either. 

Even though everyone wants it to....why would xp do that with their flagship unit?

To me it is more like the ultimate lite weight turn on and go unit. 

Even though it saves settings and all......you cannot name the saved program on the ws6 but it still saves your settings....plus have all of the audio options as well. 

I think the deus lite and the new deus master units were designed more for guys who search open fields for relics and old settlements who do not nessarily want to worry about notch, target ID numbers or graphic screens. 

But so far I find it to be a great set up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Not a pb for me I never use my WS6 in or around water and its probably the same for most of us ...

• Like 1

I think the WS6 Master rig was intended to offer a functional lower cost Deus 2 unit to compete with the cheaper SMF detectors. I think XP pulled it off and it does offer a surprising amount of features for the price. That's more than I would have expected.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I think the WS6 Master rig was intended to offer a functional lower cost Deus 2 unit to compete with the cheaper SMF detectors. I think XP pulled it off and it does offer a surprising amount of features for the price. That's more than I would have expected.

Especially since the eq 600 and eq 800 prices have gone up since their debute...the ws6 master offers way more adjustments to save and is priced right between those eq models. 

It was a good move by xp.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, midalake said:

Try and take the Equinox around water 🙏🙏🙏🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think I'd dive with the Puck even in the dive bag, but then again I don't do that sort of thing. My other detector has been dunked many times in salt and fresh water without any problems and my Puck got soaked in rain a few days ago without any problems. So I think as long as you don't submerse the coil in water more than a few inches, the D2 WS6 Master setup should work great for most applications. If you snorkel or dive, you'll have to get the full remote version anyway because it's dive rated and you'll need the underwater antenna rig.

• Like 1