Greetings From Georgia

Choprdoc

A hearty welcome to you, Sir from East Texas.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Choprdoc !

You've found a great place to find out just about anything detecting or prospecting.

Lots already posted to scan .

Definitely check out Steve's Guides 

And ask about anything in whatever forum it seems to apply to. 

• Like 2

Welcome from Virginia Choprdoc. 🙂 I've been going to Tybee Island every year for the last 15 or so, almost moved to Savannah area but like where I am. Love Georgia.

I started with a Garrett Ace 400 myself, quickly upgrading to an Equinox 600, and lately a Deus 2. I also got a Tesoro Vaquero to get a feel for the "old school".

Did 10 years in the Army myself, mostly National Guard, but we were federalized in 1982 and a lot of my unit ended up in the middle east. I got out to pursue a career in 1991. Had an offer to join the Helo corps but didn't take it. 🤔

Don't be afraid to ask questions, this is the most informative site there is. Looking forward to your exploits. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you here.

I am sure that everyone here will be looking forward to reading and seeing some of your hunts. You have quite a lot of history in your area to dig up with a lot of stories behind them.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

• Like 2

It's nice to meet you and heres a warm welcome to the addiction!  We will be looking forward to reading your entries into the Garrett and Nokta Makro threads.  Happy Hunting!

• Like 1

Hey Doc, Glad you joined up. Georgia is a beautiful place with some fantastic history. How long have you been detecting? and what do you mainly detect? Hope to see some of your finds in the coming weeks and months. Good Luck next time out!!!!