Digging Gold At The ICMJ Hands On Gold Day

Very good of you Chris to help them out.  Glad you managed to get some gold too.  Maybe you also showed them the power of a Minelab PI machine!

• Like 1

Thanks, Chris...if I really focus I can sometimes find red in pictures. No, red/green is most common, as far as I know. Of course there are degrees of alternative-color-vision. My brother is so color blind he does not see the beauty of my gold nuggets...If I could not see gold I doubt I would hunt it! Oddly, I love red shirts-probably my favorite color.

tmi

fred

very cool

So the best find of the first hands on day (Friday) was a Nevada guy with his new GPZ 7000. It was his first gold found with a metal detector. I only saw two 7000s there, and I took my SDC 2300 because the gold is shallow, small and the location tends to be trashy - but the 7000 got the best results that day. This guy was really excited about his finds. After he left the spot I scanned all around with my 2300 and got at least a dozen fainter targets, but all were dozer scrape iron and other trash.

gold_GPZ7000b.jpg

gold_GPZ7000.jpg

• Like 2