Hurricane "k"

Compass

Just now, Compass said:

which scoop to use when there are so many shallow targets. For a while I used an old style french fry basket like we used 50 years ago

I have waves, all the time. Scoop choice is important. My scoops have more bucket>than bill.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Don't be afraid to sneak that IB to Fe-6 and Recovery 6 to get more sensitivity/stability. 

Ah, I have been lately and it does help.  I push up the Fe2 and keep the recovery at 6.  You can even go to 7 and it becomes less chatty.

• Like 2

Fantastic hunting, wish I had some good beaches to hunt at. All I have here is 2 small beaches that don't allow detectors unless someone lost an item and tells the staff about it.

I find more gold in our creeks around here than anything, but have also found some silver in them also.

One of these days I hope to make it out your way and maybe have a meet up with some members to learn how to do the beaches.

Good luck, good hunting, and stay safe.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Fantastic hunting, wish I had some good beaches to hunt at. All I have here is 2 small beaches that don't allow detectors unless someone lost an item and tells the staff about it.

I find more gold in our creeks around here than anything, but have also found some silver in them also.

One of these days I hope to make it out your way and maybe have a meet up with some members to learn how to do the beaches.

Good luck, good hunting, and stay safe.

Thanks VL, The reason why I had such a good week of detecting was because Mother Nature gave us a hurricane swell which corresponded with some extreme tides so a lot of sand was moved around. I could go back to the beach tomorrow and not find much of anything and that happens more often than not. Keep us posted if you do decide to come out this way.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, strick said:

Good stuff Compass you will be remembering that one for a while...have the beaches sanded back in yet? 

Strick

Thanks Strick, Yes, I will always remember this past week. Well, I haven't been back to the beach that produced the most finds but some parts of that beach started filling in on Monday.

• 1 month later...

Great job Compass, that's some banner finds, and conditions!👍

Hoping to have a little of your luck this week, as we have a late season, big surf storm headed our way! (minus any major house damage!😬) 🍀👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Great job Compass, that's some banner finds, and conditions!👍

Hoping to have a little of your luck this week, as we have a late season, big surf storm headed our way! (minus any major house damage!😬) 🍀👍👍

Thanks Joe and good luck! Be safe out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks RVP, That was over 2 months ago and I haven't found much of anything since. Patiently waiting for some winter storms to shake things up! 

• Like 1