Hello From The Peak District, Derbyshire, Central England, Uk.

Jonnty

Greetings to all.  I have just invested in a new Minelab Vanquish 540 + other kit after a decade of general wandering about casually fulfilling my twin interests of walking outdoors and history/archaeology with a second-hand Explorer XS.  I'm very happy too: first time out in a field found the best horseshoe ever at 10" and a poor-quality English penny, probably 18th century, at a measured 14" down, both in the same field.

But I'm not scientific-minded, so I wanted a forum where I could ask various questions, and you guys popped up in my search.

I'll see if I can find an appropriate thread in which to ask my question, as hinted in your rules, but if anyone else lives near here, maybe they would get in touch.

Kind regards,  Jonnty

• Like 3

Welcome from East Texas. You have chosen a good place to learn & enjoy.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and glad to see you here.

This is the best forum that I have seen with the best people and information on the internet.

Since you have the 540 I suggest that you check out the Minelab forum for more information on your model.

I remember there were some articles in another forum about your detector also, so check out the Minelab forum and ask questions and someone will be able to help you out.

I own a Minelab Equinox 800 and only use the factory settings as they are very good at finding items. I believe that what you have will be close to the same with the factory settings also.

We also enjoy reading about your hunts and seeing pictures of the finds as you live in a very rich area that has a lot of history in the ground.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

Welcome to the gang ! 

You'll find a lot of good advice here . 

Plenty already posted to study as well as real time answers for the unbelievable low price of just asking a question !

Now get that Vanquish swinging ! We like pics...... as well as picks.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your welcome and advice.  👍

Welcome from 20 miles north of Londinium,tis a great forum for sure,never used a Vanquish but they certainly do seem a very popular detector here in good old Blighty.

• Thanks 1

Welcome Jonnty, This place is most certainly the best for Q and A. My wife just loves the UK and all it offers, She even is a member of the Pittsburg Steelers UK fan group. Remember its where you hunt and where you swing the coil not so much the machine. You will do well with both. Hope you will post the finds you have found and ask a bunch of questions. All of us will be waiting to point you in the right direction. Good Luck