Manticore...... Will It Leak Video From Gigmaster

Thanks, but I often post some whining and some wrong information too. But, thanks for reading.

Just for a different viewpoint.

I have two Equinox 800s that are out of warranty that were manufactured in mid to late 2018. Both have been submerged in freshwater. Neither have been submerged in saltwater. They have not leaked. They do not exhibit any cracking around the charging port area of any kind under 10X magnification...........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Gig's Equinox detectors all leaked and making a correlation between the similar charging port on the Manticore.........

I saw it too. It surprised me, this was the first I have seen all of this cracking around the charge ports.

Maybe other can chime in if they had problems in this location.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, midalake said:

I saw it too. It surprised me, this was the first I have seen all of this cracking around the charge ports.

Maybe other can chime in if they had problems in this location.  

It is not the first time that I heard of this cracking around the charging port. I have been keeping an eye on my two Noxes for awhile.....

Maybe this clearly done, matter of fact video will finally at least get Minelab to say something. I would be happy with them just saying "we know about it and have fixed the issue on Manticore".

• Like 3

I like Gigmaster's experimental approaches.  Hinting it might carry over to the Manticore, though....  But this is what can happen when a company's attention is brought on a problem and they go radio silent (for 4 years).  My benefit-of-the-doubt is that if this is the source of the failures in water (we don't know that from just one unit), ML will have figured it out, too.  They are now saying the Manticore is good to 5 m, compared to what, 1.5 m with the Equinox?  I gotta think they've covered this one.  Then again, what should happen and what happens are often two different things.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for linking the video, Jeff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I like Gigmaster's experimental approaches.  Hinting it might carry over to the Manticore, though....  But this is what can happen when a company's attention is brought on a problem and they go radio silent (for 4 years).  My benefit-of-the-doubt is that if this is the source of the failures in water (we don't know that from just one unit), ML will have figured it out, too.  They are now saying the Manticore is good to 5 m, compared to what, 1.5 m with the Equinox?  I gotta think they've covered this one.  Then again, what should happen and what happens are often two different things.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for linking the video, Jeff.

According to Gigmaster, all FIVE of the Equinoxes he has owned developed cracks around the charging port and leaked so not just one unit. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

No crack here, after almost 3 years i have only taken it in fresh water. Thanks again i was happy to check and find no cracks. 

• Like 1

Just checked mine, 4+ years old, no cracks around charging port even under magnification, has been submerged in fresh water quite a few times, in salt water a couple of times.

I wonder if they used the same plastic for the Nox as the 6000 coils.  😄

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to Manticore...... Will It Leak Video From Gigmaster