Manticore...... Will It Leak Video From Gigmaster

Sorry fellas I don’t see a problem here...guy posts a video...couple guys critique it then  a couple guys get all bent out of shape because of it?  The teacher is not always right. Hurt feelings ? Please...this is the internet not a day care center. 

Strick 

• Like 7

Yes, let's get back to the purpose of this forum... to post metal detecting information and ideas and discuss them rationally and without emotion.

It is perfectly rational for Gigmaster to theorize about the cause of Equinox leaks as it pertains to his experience and his efforts to discover the cause. It is also logical to wonder if that problem might carry over to the M-Core because the charge port appears to be of the same design.

It's also perfectly rational to post that video here, which was not intended to alarm and invoke people's emotional responses, but to open a dialog to discuss the possible ramifications to users who detect near and in the water.

We will probably never know all of the reasons why some Nox units have leaked, but obviously some have. I still suspect a combination of sustained exposure to UV & high heat from the sun and saltwater which are all known to accelerate the degradation of plastics and rubber.

However, it seems to me that M-Core has been made with obvious attempts to address the bulk of the complaints commonly posted about the Equinox, including the coil ears breakage, carbon fiber shaft, weight, control unit ergonomics, and arm cuff breakage, so it is logical to think that waterproofing would be addressed as well. However, we won't know anything about its water-tight characteristics until we seen it used in and under the water. So we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 7

My calculator says Minelab charges so much for its detectors because they have so many warranty issues!  It might also be a reason for price increases in addition to currency rates.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

My calculator says Minelab charges so much for its detectors because they have so many warranty issues!  It might also be a reason for price increases in addition to currency rates.

heh, it's almost like buy one get one free, only the one you buy you don't get to keep as by the end of your warranty period you've had the entire thing replaced piece by piece anyway 🙂

• Haha 1

I do a crack check when i get out of my truck😃  If its something that got by quality control how many dealers would let you open the box?   I really think the mannacoin has been tested every which way in real world conditions.   If i was buying a M/L land/water machine I'd have to go manicure

I did read somewhere that someone had sent their Nox in due to flooding and minelab told them that the leakage occurred around the shaft and into the battery compartment. They were blaming it and others on the after market shafts allowing water to get into the battery compartment (possibly too thick a shaft)...take it with a grain of salt as here say... I have an after market shaft with no problems. 

strick 

If that's the case providng a shaft most people wanted to replace with something better has backfired on them, it might be why the mandible has a much nicer shaft, we shouldn't need to bother with aftermarket shafts.

I find it hard to believe the connection between the pod and the shaft is involved in the waterproofing of the detector and if it is, is it any wonder they leak.

It was probably just someone trying to justify the leaking to an upset client, easy thing to do is blame the aftermarket component so they can turn it around to it being the customers fault.

• Like 2

My friend Max the Knife “ Gravedigger Max “ had his handle break where it is screwed together around the shaft. Minelab would not replace because it was on a popular aftermarket shaft out of Canada.

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

My friend Max the Knife “ Gravedigger Max “ had his handle break where it is screwed together around the shaft. Minelab would not replace because it was on a popular aftermarket shaft out of Canada.

Anyone who is a serious beach hunter has had those screws that clamp to the shaft fail. There is no way that style of mount can take repeated torque and resistance from wave wash. I don't care what shaft is on the Equinox. 
All three machines that worked where I am failed. 

• Like 1