GPX 6000 Coil Cracks

7 minutes ago, IronDigger said:

😂😆🤣 Win some , lose some.. buy the new Garret Axiom, perhaps it will be flawless and work very well.

Kind of hard to find nuggets with a vaporware/ imaginary detector. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, IronDigger said:

😂😆🤣 Win some , lose some.. buy the new Garret Axiom, perhaps it will be flawless and work very well.

And spend another $9k on a detector? That's how much the Axiom is going to be here in NZ, when it martializes.

I am very happy with the 6000 as far as its detecting ability. It has found me hundred's of small bits of gold. I mentioned in a previous post 304 bits to make up my first ounce.

D4G

• Like 4

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

The stability problems seem to be some people and not others leading me to believe they're hardware, not software.  If it was software everyone would have the problems.

Also seems like what happens when a hardware fix happens quietly with no acknowledgement, and you end up with one set of people who have defective hardware and one set of people who bought after the production run was fixed and have no issues.

The ones with the defective hardware end up looking like they are tilting at windmills.

• Like 2

Aside from the hardware issues (replacement aftermarket coil/s and stem-lock system will fix most of these), I'd like to see a manual frequency adjust and a threshold adjust option. Whether this is possible via firmware or hardware via ML service centre, I dunno. Logical improvement, hope it comes to pass one day <holding breath>....... <passing out>.......<giving up>

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, Northeast said:

The EMI and unstable speaker may be addressed with a future update, of which there are rumours about.  We will wait and see.    

https://www.minelab.com/anzea/support/product-notices?article=482551

It’s been about for a little while. 

Checked my coil yesterday and it’s got tiny little cracks too. I won’t be sending it back as my coil is perfect, I’ll be making the repair with fibreglass and reinforcing it. Either that or replacing it with the NF coils when they’re released.

• Like 3