Troubles With Simultaneous Multi-frequency (smf)

Ace Apex is a half descent machine for what it is and the MF does work well but I often use it as a 10khz or 15khz machine. They had coil issues that plagued them on first release and that soured a lot of people. I believe that was in the connector where the issue was. Anyways most my hunting is with single frequency machines ie Tesoros, Multi Kruzer and have gone back to 56khz Gold Racer which handles bad grounds very well.

The largest coil I run for the most part is the 9" ultimate on the Apex and rest are smaller elipticals or concentric. Larger coils get slaughtered here with EMI.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 3:50 AM, Wayfarer said:

I still think the V3i is the best advanced SMF detector ever made, primarily because of this ability.  The newer detectors all do their analyzing via a “black box” of secret algorithms while the V3i gives the power over to the user and lets the user decide.  For example, I love how you can identify multiple closely spaced targets by watching how the response of each frequency changes in all metal pinpoint mode as you slowly sweep the target.  Subsequent designs dumb this down and try to do everything within the “black box.” Good for beginner users who don’t care to bother to understand the underlying tech.  The V3i demands more from its user but the reward is worth it.   That said, my MXT is still a great performer and is single freq.

It was a sad day when White’s killed further development of the V3i.  

I agree with the mxt but I did not have as good of experience with the v3i units I had...my regular deus performed much better than my v3i units did.

I wanted to like it very much because I loved the screen and the xy graphic but it just couldn't cut the mustard. 

However I never tried the 6x10dd coil on it....I am sure it would have had a narrower foot print signal over the d2 coil. 

On 9/16/2022 at 8:16 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

I don't particularly like the detecting performance of the ACE Apex so I would not include it among those three listed.

The same for me , detecting performance plus reliability issues ... It is a pity because its a light and well balanced detector ...

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, bigtim1973 said:

I agree with the mxt but I did not have as good of experience with the v3i units I had...my regular deus performed much better than my v3i units did.

I wanted to like it very much because I loved the screen and the xy graphic but it just couldn't cut the mustard. 

However I never tried the 6x10dd coil on it....I am sure it would have had a narrower foot print signal over the d2 coil. 

If White’s would have ever incorporated the automatic ground tracking system from the MXT, onto the V3i platform, and put it in a waterproof housing, wow! So many missed opportunities with technology they already possessed… The first wireless, integrated pinpointer… Ugh, don’t even get me started.

• Like 2