Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Nice run there. Go back next year you can finish your monster truck collection :)

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a great hunt again, I bet your wife told you to get out there and find some more rings for her and that is why you dug so much.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe.

 

4 hours ago, kac said:

Go back next year you can finish your monster truck collection 🙂

He's working on his car collection as if you couldn't notice, I just wonder if your jealous that he has gotten more of them than you.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's another awsome haul for you Bob!👍

   Modern coins may not be ideal for everyone, but it keeps the skills, and muscle memory sharp, and are often mixed with the "good" stuff, as you've proven! Besides, even clad helps defray the hobby costs, even if it's only a few dollars at a time; it all adds up!

   Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on one's "base of operations", not all of us are located in area's ther contain old items and/or minerals, that haven't moved much in decades, centuries, or millennia, and are detectable! So clad becomes somewhat of staple, until the next favorable find!!

   Good luck at your next stop!! And watch out for JELLIES!💮🍀👍👍

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Looks like a great hunt again, I bet your wife told you to get out there and find some more rings for her and that is why you dug so much.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe.

 

He's working on his car collection as if you couldn't notice, I just wonder if your jealous that he has gotten more of them than you.

My wife wasn't feeling too good after a medication change, so she told me to go out more for sure. She still had a fun time, there weren't many other campers there and the weather was really great. No noise or smoky fires. She does like some of the jewelry I find so that's a plus. 👍

Usually I give the cars away if there are kids around. The grandkids get the good ones. 😀

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Joe D. said:

That's another awsome haul for you Bob!👍

   Modern coins may not be ideal for everyone, but it keeps the skills, and muscle memory sharp, and are often mixed with the "good" stuff, as you've proven! Besides, even clad helps defray the hobby costs, even if it's only a few dollars at a time; it all adds up!

   Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on one's "base of operations", not all of us are located in area's ther contain old items and/or minerals, that haven't moved much in decades, centuries, or millennia, and are detectable! So clad becomes somewhat of staple, until the next favorable find!!

   Good luck at your next stop!! And watch out for JELLIES!💮🍀👍👍

This sort of detecting definitely sharpens the skills and allows for testing, tweaking and comparison. I don't expect to find anything really valuable but this place has produced some nice stuff for the kiddies. 😀 I was a bit sad to see that detecting here last year got someone interested in pillaging the beach, but good on them.

The sheer variety of finds is the tell, I wasn't missing much! Especially the tiny stuff. It was also a good break from jellyfish, I've been seeing them all summer. 😵

The next "stop" will probably be the highlight of the year, thanks for the advance teaser. 😁👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the big differences of this trip vs. others for me was that I hunted this place exclusively in the Beach modes of each detector. Not only did I find that those modes were more resistant to EMI, they also found deeper targets in any of the sandy areas and even some of the fields. There were some places I was forced to run both in single frequency, but overall the Deus 2 was able to run in multifreqency with less interference after adjusting some settings.

Despite connectivity problems with the MI-6, I'm finding it a far more reliable locator in both depth and accuracy than the Garrett pinpointer. I ordered a backup to see if the one I got first is defective. It connected quickly and reliably at full charge but after a while began to only connect one in 3 tries or more. 🤔 It could have been the EMI but this happens everywhere and can be a bit annoying. For sure it shortens retrieval time.

 

  • Like 2
  • Oh my! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Looks like it was a fun hunt. Any water hunting?

Ran into the GM, and while I can detect the lake, it's pretty nasty and way too deep where the people jump off the dock. The GM told me all other waterfront was off limits. He didn't want me to dig at all but I convinced him to let me 🙂 apparently he and his assistant don't communicate. 🤪 I didn't point that out. 😏

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like an awesome haul to me. You nuked the campgrounds again. Just pity the poor schlub that tries to detect there next week. 😎

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...