Anyone Using The General Program Much?

martygene

Give us your review please. I still havent tried it. Been using fast and deep hc. Maybe a good discussion of the 3 of them would be good for us all. 

I really don't use General much in my soil. I mostly use Fast, Relic, and occasionally Park, and use Single Frequency to cross check iffy targets. I did experiment with General a few days ago on wet ground to see if it would be better than my usual programs, but I ended up going back to Fast and like it better for my soil, wet or dry.

Here's a video I stumbled across that might be of some use in this dicussion. It shows General vs a modified Park program on live digs and he shows all the settings of each program. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbZySv0Irwo

• Like 1

I started out with it to get a feel of the unit and get used to the machines responses and all. 

Worked good but now mostly use a modified  program 4 fast. 

I just like the way program 4 responds and so far I have discovered it is fairly deep as well. 

First signal I dug with my deus 2 on general was a nickel on edge about 6 inches deep. 

It locked on good and proved itself on that first dig. 

Like I mentioned now though....I use program 4 with full tones and the square audio. 

Have set the recovery to 2.5. 

Will go lower when needed. 

No disc or notch settings. 

Love it.

• Like 1

I mostly use SENSITIVE 5 tones + SQUARE .   GENERAL is too slow for me it doesnt like iron trash. However GENERAL is a good program to start with the D2 .

• Like 2