Anyone Using The General Program Much?

martygene

I use a custom General program.  I call it Gcoin3. It uses a lot of notching and as the name suggests, it’s for finding coins and uses 3 tones.  Here’s my settings:

disc:  7

sens:  95. But can vary

iron volume:  3

reactivity:  1.5.  But can also vary depending on the amount of trash. I feel 1.5 is a good starting point for deep silver coins in areas that aren’t really trashy. 

tones:  3 as the name implies 

B cap reject:  0.  Most areas I dig don’t have a lot of bottlecaps. 

silencer:  0

notch 1:  7-57

notch2:  66-80. You can raise the higher number to 87 if you’re strictly cherry picking for silver coins but you’ll miss indian head pennies and maybe some smaller silver coins like half dimes and such.  I’ve never dug a half dime so I’m just guessing that it would come in lower than 87.  Also the nickel window of 58-65 will get some gold also.  

• Like 3

great info everyone. Much to think about and try here. 

I've been mostly using Fast or DeepHC with a lot of tweaking. I'm finding I'm liking 3 tone audio so far. More tones of full are too much for my ears and mind to pay attention to. Fast for trashy areas or high iron. DeepHC for less trashy and wanting to go as deep as possible. I WILL try the general next. I always thought that moist soil was better for detectors and halo effect made coins seem bigger and easier to pick up on the machine. been raining a lot here in Western NY so this should be interesting. 

thanks again for all the info.