Best Day In A While

Nice stuff NC! My gold earring (probably plated) sorta matches your silver. I was using modified Beach Sensitive with reactivity at 2. 😀

20220915_125849.thumb.jpg.4e85b0598a0a9b3d8070aca8684c07ca.jpg

That's some nice stuff there. Haven't messed with sensitive FT yet. 👍 Glad you had a good day.

• Like 5

Nice hunting and great looking coins.

Good luck on your next visit to that site in the future.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jim tn said:

A. 5 silver day including jewelry is getting rarer each passing year. Good hunting! HH jim tn

That’s the truth!   Permissions to private residences are hard to get and the public areas are pretty much hunted out.  Sometimes I’ll luck upon a place that hasn’t been hit hard, but it’s rare.  

• Like 4

Great job NC, I'm only at 17 for the year. The heat and drought has put a damper on digging most spots. I do not want to loose permissions damaging a yard for a few coins. Nice to see you are thinking outside the box. Hope to see more in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice finds. 

On 9/18/2022 at 4:32 AM, jim tn said:

A. 5 silver day including jewelry is getting rarer each passing year.

On 9/18/2022 at 6:28 AM, NCtoad said:

Permissions to private residences are hard to get and the public areas are pretty much hunted out.  Sometimes I’ll luck upon a place that hasn’t been hit hard, but it’s rare.  

I count myself lucky. Most areas up here have never been hunted, or may have been hunted lightly in the past. Lots of old homesteads are still standing on their original 1/4 sections.

So far, folks seem willing to give me permission to hunt when I ask nicely and explain my digging technique to them. I cut a small 3/4 hinged plug and place my dirt on a rag. They appreciate the courtesy.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:28 PM, dogodog said:

Nice to see you are thinking outside the box.

Agreed.

Happy hunting.....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

that is what I call a very good hunt. Heck a couple of wheats make my hunt a success.