Manticore Goldfields Mode Discussion

Every video that I have seen so far just skimmed over Goldfield mode. I would like to know if it’s on par with the Nox or better. This would be huge for people detecting small dinky gold (or nugs) in trash infested areas especially with target trace. What do people think? Anybody hear anything different? 

I really don’t see how anyone can respond to your question without not one person having one in their hands.

I’d call it a wag and that’s a wild ass guess and that’s all any of this guessing has been so far.

Chuck 

• Like 4

Steve had a comment on it early on when I asked him.  He seemed to say that the emphasis for the Manticore would not show an improvement over the Equinox.  Maybe he has something else to say now or I paraphrased him wrong.  We'll see.

• Like 1

I don't think minelab would want to shoot themselves in the foot twice by taking everything from both the CTX and the Nox and putting it in one detector...better to leave the Nox more proficient at tiny gold so people will still go for that...maybe I'm wrong and kinda hope so because i'd love to have a one vlf do it all machine. 

strick

• Like 2

13 hours ago, strick said:

I don't think minelab would want to shoot themselves in the foot twice by taking everything from both the CTX and the Nox and putting it in one detector...better to leave the Nox more proficient at tiny gold so people will still go for that...maybe I'm wrong and kinda hope so because i'd love to have a one vlf do it all machine. 

strick

Have you watched this video (posted previously on another thread) from Detectival -- interview with Mark Lawrie?  You might find the conversation starting at 6:25 and going through 7:40 revealing.

• Like 2

Yup seen  them all and some twice. Sorry but I don’t believe everything Minelab says.....he is being a salesman at that point...my comment above was directed toward it being better at tiny gold nuggets then the equinox and as noted above no 6 inch coil. I was surprised by his comments and I wonder if he will continue to say better then the Nox....better at everything is saying a lot. He seems a bit cavalier at times. 

Strick

• Like 1

I found the quote here:

• Thanks 1

IMO, the big question that won't be answered for a while is "how does this detector perform in mineralization?"  Actually even that can't be anwered more than on a case-by-case basis since 'mineralziation' is not one size fits all.  In that same recent ~9 minute Q&A video (which I linked above), there is a bit of hand-waving(?) detail on how the extra coil power translates to depth.  Lawrie brought up something about that extra power affecting small object sensitivity.  Could the 6"x8" elliptical coil combined with the extra power offset the stronger near-field of the Equinox+6" coil for small gold nuggets?  Again, for native gold hunters, the performance in mineralization is typically going to give the bottom line answer.

Unless more Detectival videos will be forthcoming (and we're now about 10 days past that event) it might be a while before we get any new information to speculate on....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

IMO, the big question that won't be answered for a while is "how does this detector perform in mineralization?" 

That's on the top of my need to know list too, but the real question is can I wait until someone in my Rocky Mountain area gets one and reports their experiences? 😏 Maybe, but that will be sometime next year for sure. Meanwhile, the MC is looking like a good machine so I don't mind watching all the developments, sifting through the speculation and inevitable purse fights to see how it all plays out. Hold onto your hats, we're in for a wild ride. 😎