Fun Impromptu Beach Hunt With A Forum Member

Where is that beach? It seems to have very calm waters with next to no surf waves, cool statue, a nice break from the box buildings, you would think with such a dense population there would be great finds, I guess with a population like that comes many detector swingers though. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Where is that beach? It seems to have very calm waters with next to no surf waves, cool statue, a nice break from the box buildings, you would think with such a dense population there would be great finds, I guess with a population like that comes many detector swingers though. 

That's Virginia Beach, Virginia's largest city of 450,000. It's on the Atlantic Ocean, about a 2-1/2 hour drive for me. The elderly gentleman we met with a White's detector must have been in his 80s. He had an hour longer drive than me from Fredericksburg. His wife was detecting too!

It was an exceptionally calm morning but the surf got up later with the wind. There is a steep drop off so you're really not seeing the surf line in my photo.

It's a hot spot for detectorists having so many hotels. The competition is both friendly and fierce. 😀

• Like 6

21 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

He was lucky some good looking guy showed up to take his place.

Unless his arms are 10 feet long how else was he to take the picture. That is why he got a stand-in.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, strick said:

I figured you guys were in Gig territory when I seen the hotels.....you ever run into him over there?  

strick 

I camped one place this year where I was told he was, but we didn't see anyone of note there that day.

Once I saw a famous YouTuber on a beach, he didn't get a video that day. 😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Confirmed the other day that the chain  is 14k. It's not the greatest but it sure beats those pesky 1oz liquor bottle caps I was digging half the day.

IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

7.5g of 14k! Nice! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There were other members of the gang as well as the two pictured caught at the scene  .

They escaped too when one of them told authorities he was in the band in the hotel lounge......

Beach envy.

Nice lookin' chain , glad it was real !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 2:54 AM, phrunt said:

Great thread guys, good to see you both having some fun and a few finds to go with it.   It's a shame they ruined that beach with those ugly awful bland buildings along the length of it.

you have to stop think, in the US we have 300 million people and only two coast on each side of the country. So tons of our inland citizens flock to the beaches and commerce being what it is, throws up the most efficient ocean front building to maximize the ocean front rooms and revenue. Now mind you the whole east and west coast don't look like that picture. That is probably near the heart of an ocean front town. further away from towns you have beach front homes set back some distance and lots of parks. Take a google earth tour of our east or west coasts beach fronts to get a true picture. But those areas in front of the condos and hotels are prime gold hunting areas.

• Like 1