Xdovet Not Working Well

Andy Orme

Hello, looking for some trouble shooting help. I bought this xdovet metal detector (see below) a while back and it has been working just fine, until yesterday. We took it out to a reservoir and we were searching in sand. We always put the settings to find any metal. It beeps when we get close to a large steel object like a picnic table but I threw my keys on the ground and it didn't beep at all but in the past we have found small nails. We put a fresh battery in it, no change. We turned up the sensitivity, no change. It seems like it's not sensing properly but I have no indication as to why. No error messages on the screen. Any thoughts on trouble shooting to fix?

Thanks

D0CD8082-C33C-4C90-BA1B-B29EEE3CA522.jpeg

Looks like you're all out of luck and it's developed a fault, if it's out of warranty there is little you can do, fortunately it's not an expensive detector to replace.   Just make sure your coil is done up tightly but there isn't much else you can do.

• Like 2

Mr. Phrunt is correct.

If you have found that you are really enjoying detecting than you now have an excellent excuse to up grade to a better detector. Some of the best detectorist on planet Earth (and maybe the universe) participate on this forum and you can save yourself a lot of grief and money by seeking their advise.

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Looks like you're all out of luck and it's developed a fault, if it's out of warranty there is little you can do, fortunately it's not an expensive detector to replace.   Just make sure your coil is done up tightly but there isn't much else you can do.

As Simon said not much you can do but check all cable, earphone and batteries connections. Let hope that is all it is.

• Like 2

If the display still boots up, its likely a coil failure, check the plug on the coil....unscrew it apart and check for wires being broken or disconnected. If you get any indication that the power is still connected but not sensing metal, its likely the coil. Otherwise, buy a better detector.

• Like 3