4500 And Nf 25 Mono

Purplehays69

the best settings depend on the type of soil and the external factors that will be present in the area to be investigated... Unfortunately, there are no magic settings that anyone can recommend, but there are settings on the detector that will allow you to work in almost all conditions and get the most out of your detector.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If youre chasing big, deep stuff, get your 4500 modded to run with a low frequency and higher energy saturation. Both Woody and Mick can do it (Detectormods and Detectronics). Otherwise, Select normal, Deep and run the gain as high as you can. Fixed GB unless the soil conditions make the detector unstable. Hope that points you in the right direction :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. So far we've pulled a 2.7 oz, 4.5, 5.4, 9.2 and a 19oz. All with 6000's... I think the ground is fairly mild as I pulled my first ouncer with the 4500 and it ran alot smoother than the 6. Just wanted to run a massive coil over that ground, low n slow. Surely there's more big n deep ones we haven't heard with the 6. Gonna flag possible targets with the big guns n go back over with the 6 after taking layers off.

Thanks again 

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

On 9/19/2022 at 6:52 PM, Purplehays69 said:

Thanks for the replies. So far we've pulled a 2.7 oz, 4.5, 5.4, 9.2 and a 19oz. All with 6000's... I think the ground is fairly mild as I pulled my first ouncer with the 4500 and it ran alot smoother than the 6. Just wanted to run a massive coil over that ground, low n slow. Surely there's more big n deep ones we haven't heard with the 6. Gonna flag possible targets with the big guns n go back over with the 6 after taking layers off.

Thanks again 

Those are some monster nugget sizes you guys are digging.  We're all eyes and ears.  

Good luck on some more Heavy Metal Au to you.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Let’s see some pictures!!

I tend to use big coils with GPX machines most of my detecting time, I figure the smaller coils will be used when I’m older.

As for the NF 25 I tend to use Normal timings and keep the Gain around 10-12 I also use Tracking instead of fixed. Medium swing speed works well.18inch coils and smaller I use very slow swing speed. My detector is in deep audio.  EMI and ground noise can be a pain with large coils lower the RX before the stabilizer. Keep the stabilizer around 14-16 if possible. With the 16in and smaller coils I have had the best luck with the fine gold timings. When using the NF25 overlap your swing a lot and keep the coil close and level to the ground or stay home. 

Quick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the ground is mild you will get better depth in Sharp timing over Normal. A higher Rx Gain on targets that large isn't really going to get you any more depth, it may sharpen the signals somewhat, but it'll bring in a lot more EMI, especially on a coil that size. The factory Deep mode is a perfect starting point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1