More Late 1850's Military Camp Relics & Silver This Time

Good finds including the new inductee to the beepaholics club too !

Giving the family their home's history to display is likely she will be infecting more family to detect . Better go back before they clean the property out ! 🤔

• Like 1

There is a Christmas present being requested by a granddaughter ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well done taking that girl along, Andy.  Days like that she will never forget.  (Did she have trouble swinging a full sized detector?)

I see you got another first-year-of-issue with the silver 3-center, to go along with that recent gold dollar.  I assume you checked for the -O mintmark -- apparently it's in a weird location on these trimes.  If I read my Redbook correctly, this is the only year that the trime had a mintmark, and only the New Orleans one.  Unfortunately yours has that hole....  😢

• Like 1

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm sure you're in the Trime club already, so welcome back. 👍 Great hunt, had to look up the rifleman button!

That's a great spot with a really great family on it. Good on you for training the daughter, she must be having a blast. If we all could be so lucky... 🤔

Thanks, I think that's my 5th or 6th trime. But it never gets old finding them LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

Good finds including the new inductee to the beepaholics club too !

Giving the family their home's history to display is likely she will be infecting more family to detect . Better go back before they clean the property out ! 🤔

Not worried about that, they are too busy farming the place to have time to metal detect. If they really wanted to do it themselves and keep others out they would have done it a few years back when a friend of mine first started hunting it. He gave them a lot of good relics off the place, I think they figure it's easier for them to just let us find them and give them a few, which honestly I don't mind. I mean really how many buttons and bullets does one need. If I can fill a display case with one of each type of item found, I'm good with giving the property owner everything else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

There is a Christmas present being requested by a granddaughter ...

Yea we actually thought about getting her a Vanquish 340 if she really is interested in staying with it. We'll follow up with the grandparents and see if she still shows interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Well done taking that girl along, Andy.  Days like that she will never forget.  (Did she have trouble swinging a full sized detector?)

I see you got another first-year-of-issue with the silver 3-center, to go along with that recent gold dollar.  I assume you checked for the -O mintmark -- apparently it's in a weird location on these trimes.  If I read my Redbook correctly, this is the only year that the trime had a mintmark, and only the New Orleans one.  Unfortunately yours has that hole....  😢

Thanks! She hand no problem swinging the Equinox once the shaft was shortened up.

No mint mark unfortunately. Seems I never find older coins with mint marks. The hole is fairly common at these older sites I hunt. I would say a good 25% are holed, especially the small coins like the trime, half dime and $1 golds.

• Like 1

Sounds like an amazing time Andrew. Congrats on all the nice keepers. I think a vanquish would be a great fit for the little girl.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Remfire said:

Utah Rich told us of your post here.  Some truly unique relics and nice coins as well.  Congratulations 

Thanks I know a lot of guys hang out on different forums like Montes, Tom's, and friendly. But I really only post finds here any more and make very few comments anywhere else. Too much to keep up with and places like friendly, just aren't friendly anymore.