My Legend Speaker Broke, Funny Story

Dirtshark

So I was talking to the owner of a little shop whose house is right next to the store.  the House Seemed old so I asked for permission to detect. Came back the next day and the shop/homeowner was curious and he hung around quite a bit while I was hunting. Nice guy and we got talking.

At one point he asked me if my detector was a "good" one. I said yeah, very good, and he asked how much it cost so I told him.... around 700...

Five seconds later I hit on a alminum can and get a massive signal on the Legend......and the speaker just died. I knew as soon as it happened it was toast. 

I just told the guy, they are a good company, and that I wasn't bothered in the least. 

Stupid can killed the Legend. lol

• Haha 1

Thankfully Nokta has the new sourced speakers available.

• Like 1

Good tip for anyone with a Legend, use a big metal target and maximum volume to hopefully blow your speaker so you can get the new model speaker less prone to failure 🙂  Better to have it happen on purpose than out in the field when you're relying on it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Good tip for anyone with a Legend, use a big metal target and maximum volume to hopefully blow your speaker so you can get the new model speaker less prone to failure 🙂  Better to have it happen on purpose than out in the field when you're relying on it.

Lol, I couldn't believe it. 

Every Legend has an Achilles heal. 

I am going to miss my baby when it goes to the hospital....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

That’s exactly why I always have my equinox 800 in my trunk with my legend.

I keep the small coil on the legend for the trashy areas in parks and 10-5 on the 800 for the less trashy areas.  

The speaker defect is a downer, hopefully they fix her up quick so you get back to hunting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Nokta is now using a different speaker in the Legend. 

yes, very recently they changed, but all the original buyers have the bad one.

• Like 4

Simon is right all original buyers will have the bad speaker including mine. I might get onto the aluminum can trick and get it over and done with. I really haven't been using it much lately anyway...

I'm not worried about my old style speaker as I always use the HPs. I'm sure Nokta will warranty any & all old style speaker issues regardless of timeline. I also doubt the majority of the old style will end up defective. There are a lot more Legends out there than are represented on the forums or social media.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JCR said:

I'm not worried about my old style speaker as I always use the HPs. I'm sure Nokta will warranty any & all old style speaker issues regardless of timeline. I also doubt the majority of the old style will end up defective. There are a lot more Legends out there than are represented on the forums or social media.

This is exactly how I would have responded. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Like 3