"why Is This Here?" Strange Beach Day

Some great finds Bob. Crazy how odd finds show up in a place you would never expect. I once found a near mint 1916 George the 5th in a flower bed at a 1950's house. Take them as they come. More than likely someone was keeping them for sentimental value and their rotten kid decided to play with them Ha Ha. Seriously cool coins no matter the reason. Looks like the guy from Fredericksburg with the MXT missed three good items in a couple of days. I thought I was having a good day until you sent me that. Remember its where the coil is. Great job my friend!!!!

• Like 3

Thanks, just realized it's my first Spanish Copper! ðŸĨģ

I figure it was them, glad they could hit the beach so hard, hope when I'm that age I'm still kicking and swinging ðŸĪĢ

• Like 4

You and me both, I thought I was tough. That guy was in blue jeans and a flannel shirt with an under shirt underneath. At 84 degrees I would have fell over. He didn't miss a beat. Kinda nice to see old school guys and gals still digging and telling stories.

• Like 4

Some cool finds! Nice helping a boy out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice finds and the jelly fish would have mined if you walked next to them, they would have let you pet them also.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe.

• Haha 2

Have they brought sand in to that beach from somewhere else? The coins I could understand as being dropped...but the hem weight? Follow the jelly fish...

strick

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, strick said:

Have they brought sand in to that beach from somewhere else? The coins I could understand as being dropped...but the hem weight? Follow the jelly fish...

strick

I'm sure they did bring the sand from other places, the high beach has a pebbly content, middle is coarse, them white fine down to the water. I've found lots of .22 short shells in the hotel beach, mostly in the fine sand.

I'm hoping the jellyfish will be gone soon, but there's a day coming up where it will be cool enough to wear neoprene waders. ðŸĪ”

• Like 2

Nice hunt. Either some kid brought coins from home or some club  had a planted coin hunt on that beach I've found some pretty weird foreign coins after one of those club hunts.  Come on, get in the water .... we love pictures of swollen limbs as much as we love coins and trash 😄

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice hunt. Either some kid brought coins from home or some club  had a planted coin hunt on that beach I've found some pretty weird foreign coins after one of those club hunts.  Come on, get in the water .... we love pictures of swollen limbs as much as we love coins and trash 😄

That poor little kid was apparently hugging the jellyfish, he got stung in the face. His mom and grandmother didn't know what to do. I ran as fast as an old guy can run to the truck for the vinegar, it was parked right next to the beach bath house and bathroom. ðŸĪĢ Gave her a couple paper towels. It only lessens the pain but it's better than nothing or more, shall we say, "odd" treatments...

It was great to get a 200+ and 100+ year old coin on the beach. If the Cuban coin said "proof", it would be worth a lot. I think they were minted in Philadelphia!

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1