"why Is This Here?" Strange Beach Day

47 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

That poor little kid was apparently hugging the jellyfish, he got stung in the face. His mom and grandmother didn't know what to do. I ran as fast as an old guy can run to the truck for the vinegar, it was parked right next to the beach bath house and bathroom. 🤣 Gave her a couple paper towels. It only lessens the pain but it's better than nothing or more, shall we say, "odd" treatments...

It was great to get a 200+ and 100+ year old coin on the beach. If the Cuban coin said "proof", it would be worth a lot. I think they were minted in Philadelphia!

Ouch ...in the face 🤕 Lesson learned, never hug a jellyfish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fantastic finds, F350! The locals didn't get it all after all, but I only hope I'm still getting out there like they are at that age... which isn't as far away as it used to be... 😏

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Fantastic finds, F350! The locals didn't get it all after all, but I only hope I'm still getting out there like they are at that age... which isn't as far away as it used to be... 😏

Thanks Cap'n! I was an uncle and a Boy Scout too. 🤣

The main reason they didn't find them is that they were probably cherry picking and skipped all pull tab signals, they have White's detectors. The old man almost fainted when I handed him the Deus 2 at VA Beach 😀 I found 3 nickels too.

I lowered discrimination to zero, had reactivity at 1.5, salt sense 1, I think audio response was 5, and bottle caps 3. Detector was running hot and finding tiny pieces of iron which it identified correctly but I dug them anyway. I didn't want to miss any gold should it be there, the plated hairpin was a 6 I think. Bottle caps were always a solid 4.

The coins were right near the surface so they probably skipped them. I might have if I wasn't trying new stuff.

• Like 3

Very suspicious a fish sleeping with the fishes , maybe those jelly fish were there to protect something ?  The coins ?

Somethin' might fishky goin' on there , and I don't , likesk , the smells of itsk !

skffffffeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww !🙃 

• Haha 2

Just now, rvpopeye said:

Very suspicious a fish sleeping with the fishes , maybe those jelly fish were there to protect something ?  The coins ?

Somethin' might fishky goin' on there , and I don't , likesk , the smells of itsk !

skffffffeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww !🙃 

I'll tell ya what the jellyfish were protecting after I prove it. 😀 Got a "hunchk" and I'll check it soon. 👍

• Haha 1