A Little Pump

oneguy

12 hours ago, YubaJ said:

There's a back-up 8-AA battery holder made for the Monster.

I dug out my AA holder and loaded it up and it just didn't quite fit "right" and the cam-lock battery door didn't want to seat just right?  Double checked everything a few times it just didn't fit quite right?  Machine would turn on then quit.  Anyways...new batt on the way.  Lost without my Monster, should be back in biz Fri. or Sat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Monster is a fine, fun little machine, super sensitive and a proven gold-getter that's light enough to swing basically forever.

One day when my son and I were off to get some nuggets, we arrived, at our spot, but no battery in the Monster! The cam-lock/cover wasn't seated, and the battery was nowhere to be found. We pulled everything out of the truck, checked everywhere, even crazy places, no battery, just an open compartment.

We carried on with the day with our other detectors. . . .

When we got back to the gold camp, we pulled everything out of the truck and searched again, no luck. At about that time, I started to question if it fell out before we'd left camp, so we searched everywhere we possibly could have walked with the detectors before loading them up, no luck.

I thought I was losing my mind or something, how could it have just disappeared? 

Well, in the truck we had a plastic wrapped six-pack of toilet paper, with one roll out. The battery had dropped from the detector and was underneath the bottom three rolls of paper!!

So, I'm glad you're getting a new battery, and Kudos to Gerry for his lightning-fast service. On a different note, after reading your post about the AA battery pack, I'll dig mine out to see if it fits or not, as I didn't have mine with us the day my regular battery did its disappearing act.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 3

Lanny..... I noticed on my AA pack that the contacts on the pack were same place as battery but just a little different?  I'm thinking that may be the reason the AA pack didn't fit quite right?  If you do try yours check the pack contacts and compare to the battery contacts?

Hope you're killing the au up there.....

On 9/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, oneguy said:

Debated on posting the following but it's the truth so here goes.  Long story but I managed to ruin the battery on my Monster (my fault) and need one ASAP!  So I called Gerry and left a message on the answering machine.  Immediately after the call I also shoot an email stating the same.  Maybe 10-15min after I shot the email the phone rings and some guy says "it's on it's way out tomorrow".  So then I know it's Gerry...lol  Anyways...just a little pump and with out a doubt that is the fastest service/transaction I've EVER gotten anywhere, no shit!.  So thanks Gerry, appreciate the super fast service.....

Luckily I was in the store office and not the field office.  Glad I could help again.

What would have been great Scott, is if you said why you needed a new battery?  No worries, we all get old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The story on the battery...  The old cougar is apparently getting dementia, and few other issues...lol  Being a creature of habit at the end of the digging day once I come off the hill I stop and pour a big cup of coffee.  By the time I get home the cup is empty and before I get out of the PU my gold vile, cigarette case, lighter, and battery from the Monster go into the cup then head into the shack.  This time I didn't finish all the coffee and dementia me soaked that battery in half a cup of coffee and ruined it.  One of the MANY little things I'm noticing about getting old.  Used to be a time where you had to get up real early in the morning to trick the old cougar...not any more......

That's the straight poop, raining today all day (we need it), so I'll only lose a couple days.  Thanks once again and appreciate the fast action Gerry....  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My battery holder--8 AA's-- worked fine, but the juice goes much quicker than the rechargeable battery, which when I got it didn't seem to hold a charge long. Then it got with the program and runs good for the couple hours that I'm out. I'm not a long-hour searcher, just some finding and exercise.

• Like 1

Well

23 hours ago, oneguy said:

The story on the battery...  The old cougar is apparently getting dementia, and few other issues...lol  Being a creature of habit at the end of the digging day once I come off the hill I stop and pour a big cup of coffee.  By the time I get home the cup is empty and before I get out of the PU my gold vile, cigarette case, lighter, and battery from the Monster go into the cup then head into the shack.  This time I didn't finish all the coffee and dementia me soaked that battery in half a cup of coffee and ruined it.  One of the MANY little things I'm noticing about getting old.  Used to be a time where you had to get up real early in the morning to trick the old cougar...not any more......

That's the straight poop, raining today all day (we need it), so I'll only lose a couple days.  Thanks once again and appreciate the fast action Gerry....  

Well at least you didn't forget your Power Cord to your GP-3500 like I did about 15 yrs ago.  Heck I was still semi young back then.  I drive from Idaho to Oregon and get about 4 hours into the field.  We arrive at site and I realize my power cord is missing.  One of the things I hate about the older Minelabs is all the little parts and pieces you have to have to make the day go right.  Sure I could miss my bungee.  Heck I might even miss my pick or a back up coil.  But the power cord is a MUST HAVE item needed.

At the end, I realized the situation and so I wandered around helping my customer dig targets with his detector.  

At least you did this when you got back home.  Now go dig some more heavy metal.