A Bushwalk Though Walhalla Gold Area With Grandkids

geof_junk

Great photos, looks like there are a lot of nice trails there, albeit steep.

I suppose no detecting is allowed... 🤔

• Like 1

The area there is in a  National Park so not permitted. No panning in most rivers and creeks allowed due to it may cause Mercury contamination down stream from original mining in the area.

• Sad 2

When you said grand kids I pictured a couple little guys lol one of them even has a beard 😃 My best memories as a kid were with my grandfather...he took me fishing all the time and was a big influence upon me. Thanks for sharing...lots of country to cover over there. 

strick

• Like 4

Totally different terrain than many Americans think of when we hear of Australia.  Many of our Western Sates in the US are the same way.  Here in Idaho we have dry desolate desert regions with antelope, badgers and rattlesnakes.  Then in the Northern region is conifer forests so thick you can't see 10'. Mighty snow capped mountains, deep glacial lakes with mountain goats, wolves, moose, caribou, and grizzly bears.

Very nice pics.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Totally different terrain than many Americans think of when we hear of Australia.  

Very nice pics.

Ditto....  I think of Australia as flat to gentle ground, poisonous snakes, and a bunch of F'n pesky flies...  Thanks for showing me there's much more to your country!  Beautiful.....

• Haha 2

• The title was changed to A Bushwalk Though Walhalla Gold Area With Grandkids

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of the land that your from for everyone to enjoy.

I could really do a nice walk about in that area.

• Thanks 1

You guys missed the clues.  He said Australian ALPS!!!!

Thanks for the photos.  It was too far east for me to go there on my trip.

• Sad 1