What's The Biggest Piece Of Gold From Nevada Found With A Metal Detector?

30 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Gerry,

I'm not sure the weight on this one a friend found, but people were willing to pay multiple times spot for it's rarity. Northern Nevada Gold Bug 2 find. 

IMG_6195.JPG

Yes that is a high dollar nugget there.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Gerry,

I'm not sure the weight on this one a friend found, but people were willing to pay multiple times spot for it's rarity. Northern Nevada Gold Bug 2 find. 

IMG_6195.JPG

Wow, how beautiful! How do those chevrons form?

I've been waiting on a Rye Patch report for months now!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Gerry,

Wow, that's one of the coolest nuggets I've ever seen!

• Like 5

Those are some great looking nuggets for sure, wish I had been able to find any of them.

Thanks for sharing the pic's it makes me want to go out that way for some serious detecting.

• Like 2

Seeing all of mine are from AUSTRALIA and your monitor is not large enough to fit it on, I will refrain for breaking the rules and not post my larges. 😜  By the way all of those USA nugget look great beside the one being eaten so next time Gerry shave before taking the photo. 😁 

• Haha 6

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I've been waiting on a Rye Patch report for months now!

I have not been there since the last training session in June.  A few of my customers have found some gold with their GPZ-7000's and even more with the GPX-6000's, as expected.  

The Field Training with my Staff in Nov should be interesting.  Hopefully the customers are able to find a few nuggets during the training and the variety of detectors in the class will get to hear the targets before we dig.  Comparing their different detector brands and models is quite informative knowledge.  Realize the results are only good for this area/kind of soil/nugget size/nugget density.  If we change locations to a different region/environment, then the results will vary.

Expecting to have some 6000's, 7000's, Axioms and hopefully but doubtful...a couple Manticore.  I seriously doubt the Manticore to not be out until 2023 though - from past experience of NOX release rollout. 

These days... gold we find at Rye Patch "proper" during the training is pretty much the smaller ones like in the pic below.

RP6-19.thumb.jpg.1a8c01d016a25b6f12f4c2df9aec4b54.jpg

Happy customers using variety of detectors/coil sizes.  Looks like Terry might be in that group?  Boy that was a while back.

DSCN0206.JPG.8de1bddb4071645d0d2c6a7a6a966c3d.JPG

Listening to an iffy...  Be sure to do a "ground balance" off to the side before chasing those iffy sounds.  Mike (hat with a hook) came all the way from Maine.

dscn8873.thumb.JPG.03438f65902abd929993bc25af38140b.JPG

Here is a gift that arrived in the mail (Next Day Air) from Maine.

MikeE.thumb.jpg.2cfd3236998bc6e5f39c4eb28af05d67.jpg

These crawdads are golden.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1