Equinox Leakage Protective

Jason China

Hello everyone, I often take my Equinox to the beach, and every time it reaches the shoulder depth, the main engine has leaked twice, but after two times Minelab could not replace the new main engine, I tried other brands, and finally came back to Equinox, I can't live without Equinox!! Do you have any good tips, or be prepared, more effective to prevent water entry!6725979C-D78F-41BF-9717-E8F98C4D19DF.thumb.jpeg.ca8695f3f163c4ba8423c159c15c9840.jpeg

Sorry, I was referring to the water leak in the control pod!If the circuit board is sealed, can it be protected from saltwater corrosion? I found a kind of material is liquid silica gel, which can seal the circuit board and the battery. The silica gel is very soft, which can be replaced in the future and is easy to remove!

I think you mean silicone, not silica gel.

Silicone can be very messy and wouldn't really guarantee a good seal. You might be better off putting a clear plastic bag over the pod and trying to seal it around the handle by wrapping it with tape and/or many tight rubber bands but I'm not sure if that would work either. Maybe one of the other guys here can suggest a better solution.

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

Thanks to NH, we can't use plastic bag to cover it, because COIL wire and earphone wire block it!I've dreamed up a lot of ideas, but none of them are very practical. If someone can make a waterproof pod, I think beach hunters would be very popular

On 9/23/2022 at 12:54 AM, Jason China said:

Hello everyone, I often take my Equinox to the beach, and every time it reaches the shoulder depth, the main engine has leaked twice, but after two times Minelab could not replace the new main engine, I tried other brands, and finally came back to Equinox, I can't live without Equinox!! Do you have any good tips, or be prepared, more effective to prevent water entry!6725979C-D78F-41BF-9717-E8F98C4D19DF.thumb.jpeg.ca8695f3f163c4ba8423c159c15c9840.jpeg

Have you tried the Deus ll ? I think that will satisfy your needs. Why would Minelab refuse to replace the control box no matter how many times it leaks if warranty is still valid ? I would raise hell.

• Like 2

I thought about replacing DeUS2 but saw the new Minelab Manticore and wanted to wait and see! If Equinox doesn't leak, I don't want to replace another metal detector!! Because every time you use a new metal detector, it's like changing a new lover. It takes a lot of time to try again and again! Easy to use metal detectors like Equinox are great! You can open it and use it

Just now, Jason China said:

Easy to use metal detectors like Equinox are great! You can open it and use it

The Deus 2 is that easy as well. It's much lighter, and I'm pretty confident with dunking it. They didn't put 12 programs on it for nothing! I've never had a problem in the water with my Equinox which I still have, but it's nice to have a far more reliable water machine. Snap the waveguide on, secure the coil connection with a small zip tie and go.

I feel like I have 3 "lovers" now and my wife isn't jealous at all. She likes the rings they bring her. 😁

• Haha 2