Equinox Leakage Protective

Jason China

There have been no reports that I have seen of Deus 2 or the Nokta Legend control units leaking, especially in salt water.

They are both excellent detectors for sure and are very similar to the Equinox in many ways as far as how they can be setup, how they sound  and how they detect.

18 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

There have been no reports that I have seen of Deus 2 or the Nokta Legend control units leaking, especially in salt water.

They are both excellent detectors for sure and are very similar to the Equinox in many ways as far as how they can be setup, how they sound  and how they detect.

You definitely have to mind which pressure plug you use in the Deus! Sure it's a bit more fiddlly thing the Equinox, but I still like to drive a fancy vehicle now and again. 😁

The Deus ll IMHO can run circles around the Equinox. No where can you find the frequencies for the programs on the Equinox. The Deus ll gives you 12 programs and the frequencies they are weighted towards. This is a huge bonus if you wish to cross check a target from high conductor to low conductor by changing frequencies at a push of a button. If your a water hunter like myself it sure comes in handy. I do see that we have problems with the gold mode and possibly the clock. I suspect the next update will clear that up. I feel I can fine tune and write my own programs easier and more thoroughly with the Deus ll and have no fear of submerging it in any water. As far as the Manticore goes, who knows if it will make it out by Nov. and how well it survives the water. The Equinox was a game changer for sure so we shall see what the Manticore does. Meanwhile I’m diggin gold in chest deep saltwater with my Deus ll. I suspect the quick release ahead of time for the Manticore is aimed a slowing the sales of the Deus ll which might have slowed the Equinox sales a bit. They certainly have created quite the buzz on the forums. I’m sure that makes them happy and many will now hold off buying the Deus ll for now. Fine by me as I dig my gold. 😀

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

You definitely have to mind which pressure plug you use in the Deus! Sure it's a bit more fiddlly thing the Equinox, but I still like to drive a fancy vehicle now and again. 😁

If anyone can’t follow simple instructions between red and gray, the Deus ll probably is not for them.

• Like 1

I have the Equinox LS from Seaghost, and it's the best mod I've ever had on a detector.

Changing to a Deus2 cost me, how much more does it offer me for that cost differential?

Is it worth it? When the Manticore is available, I'll have serious doubts as to whether it's worth the upgrade...

3 hours ago, Airtemisa said:
3 hours ago, Airtemisa said:

I have the Equinox LS from Seaghost, and it's the best mod I've ever had on a detector.

Changing to a Deus2 cost me, how much more does it offer me for that cost differential?

Is it worth it? When the Manticore is available, I'll have serious doubts as to whether it's worth the upgrade...

I've been keeping an eye on Seaghost and I just don't know how to get in touch with him! And all I had to do was buy accessories from SeagHost makers! Because I have a great electronics repairman here, who can help me install and weld wires

• 2 weeks later...

I would be careful coating the circuit board with a conformal coating of this nature for fear of changing the heat dissipation capabilities of some of the electronics parts on them.  You might find overheating  becoming a problem.