Wyoming Gold Mine Proposed

GotAU?

A proposed mine at Hecla, Wy (near Cheyenne), is currently in the permitting process, and independent economic studies estimate over 2000 jobs will be opened by it. The company is CK mining, and are proposing a site of about 900-acres to be quarried there.  The company’s website has some interesting historical information and a geological report about the area:

https://www.ckgoldmine.com/site-history

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/_d9c22c808a6c7fec48fed1b6f801c02c/usgoldcorp/db/332/1560/pdf/Copper+King+Report.pdf[1].pdf

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Wyoming Gold Mine Proposed

14 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

A proposed mine at Hecla, Wy (near Cheyenne), is currently in the permitting process, and independent economic studies estimate over 2000 jobs will be opened by it. The company is CK mining, and are proposing a site of about 900-acres to be quarried there.  The company’s website has some interesting historical information about the area also:

https://www.ckgoldmine.com/site-history

Always good to hear about a potential mine opening in this country. It looks like they are very early stages.

• Like 1

It's the first here in longer than I've been alive. Hopefully more projects to come too, Wyoming is a great state for mining. Lots of rare earth exploration going on right now too, plus a few large precious metals exploration projects in their infancy as well.

Scottsdale Mint is opening up some kind of gold minting and crypto trading facility in Casper too. I believe they are minting a few dozen country's coinage, as well as a lot of raw gold/silver bullion for commodity and dealers. I'm pretty stoked to see that, going to have to visit them and see if they want to mint some coins or bars out of some of my native Wyoming gold.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jasong said:

It's the first here in longer than I've been alive. Hopefully more projects to come too, Wyoming is a great state for mining. Lots of rare earth exploration going on right now too, plus a few large precious metals exploration projects in their infancy as well.

Scottsdale Mint is opening up some kind of gold minting and crypto trading facility in Casper too. I believe they are minting a few dozen country's coinage, as well as a lot of raw gold/silver bullion for commodity and dealers. I'm pretty stoked to see that, going to have to visit them and see if they want to mint some coins or bars out of some of my native Wyoming gold.

Jason, I was looking forward to your comments about this - have you detected any near Hecla? That geology report referenced above makes it sound like a pretty interesting area.

21 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Jason, I was looking forward to your comments about this - have you detected any near Hecla? That geology report referenced above makes it sound like a pretty interesting area.

I don't really like to talk about specific places I detect on forums, just brings too much of the wrong kind of attention to places. But so much of that area is private, state, or claimed that I guess it doesn't really hurt to say something here, it'd be difficult to prospect without knowing ranchers, getting a prospecting permit from the state, or running into that mining company's claims. 

Anyways, there were small nuggets and fine gold found on Crow Creek and it's forks going all the way into Cheyenne, reported all the way back to the days of the Transcontinental Railroad. A farmer used to find nuggets in his chicken's crops on one of the forks too. The propensity for poultry to peck up shiny things including nuggets, IMO was the likely origin of the "golden goose" myth, separately. :smile:

Pretty much all of Wyoming is an intensely interesting area, geologically. The Wyoming Craton was basically it's own little subcontinent in the Archean times, is some of the oldest rock on Earth (some gneiss is 3.6 billion year old), so the suture zone where it long ago collided with the later rock that is now North America can host all nature of interesting mineralogical features. That mine is basically on or very near that suture zone. I believe some of the Montana mineralization is on that same suture zone as it extends north out of Wyoming too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1