XP Deus 2 Vs Minelab Manticore

23 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yeah, someone with a pre pro Manticore and permission to post video at this point is going to be unbiased, rigggght. 

What a horrible test. With ZERO usable information! These two had both those detectors on AND too close. I really need to get my resume in to be a company tester. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Video fatigue has already set in for me. I have not seen much in any video so far that I thought was super useful. Just enough to peak interest, and ready to get one in my hands. I do think seeing multiple targets and the way they smear and show round targets based on shape is pretty neat. I've pre-ordered for several reasons. 

#1 Fresh warranty and improved build quality.

#2 Stoked about 100 numerical I.D. and the 2D screen.

#3 Hoping this improved EMI handling is actually true, and better than the noise cancel on the Equinox. 

• Like 3

I doubt he will sell tons of MTCs over here in France , despite all his marketing videos .. The MTC is simply too expensive at 2000€ for the local inland hunters , knowing the current economical situation with the inflation , the increasing heating costs etc ..  

And knowing that there are many detectors under 1000€ that do the job very well , especially in fields where the targets are close to the surface and dont need ultra high depth performance ..

If... Manticore will be a class better than the other best detectors from other manufacturers and will exceed the detection performance of today's detectors, then the price of 1900-2000 euros can be fair considering the depth performance of the detector .....and improved separation...which according to several direct tests of Manticore..my colleague "Mike" from Top Digin,, suggest...that Manticore can be a "game changer"..

Current high-end detectors from good manufacturers under 1000 euros are really well-made detection machines..in which I have full confidence..especially when you own 2-3 such well-adjustable detectors...and various coils..

Of course, the best thing will be what Manticore can do on a heavily detected terrain.. and how many other good targets it can detect on such a terrain... and for me that will be the deciding factor..

Manticore will have to surprise with its performance in the field...:smile:

IMG_20220909_081528.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, palzynski said:

I doubt he will sell tons of MTCs over here in France , despite all his marketing videos .. The MTC is simply too expensive at 2000€ for the local inland hunters , knowing the current economical situation with the inflation , the increasing heating costs etc ..  

And knowing that there are many detectors under 1000€ that do the job very well , especially in fields where the targets are close to the surface and dont need ultra high depth performance ..

This. The eurozone economy is collapsing based on all reports. For me gas just hit over $6.50 again, up $1.25 in the past week. I love testing and using new tech and am almost always an early adopter but not this time just because of the economy. I can't imagine though what winter is going to be like in places like Germany and France. It's not going to be XP vs. Minelab but rather food vs. heat. 

• Like 4