XP Deus 2 Vs Minelab Manticore

• 2 weeks later...

How much faster is the D2 than the Equinox. My buddy swings one, and we've compared hundreds of targets. I don't know if he is using D2 to it's full potential, but I normally don't crank the Equinox recovery above 6. Most of the time it's on 4. We have yet to see a target both machines won't hit regarding separation. Separation can be achieved with different coil sizes so just how fast does a detector have or need to be. 

How much faster is the Manticore than the Equinox. Did I hear from an engineer it's faster?

Again I have a buddy that swings the D2. He has done extremely well with it. I know 40+ silvers so far. One thing I noticed he has the 9" coil and I waxed him pretty good on a site using the Nox with 11" where the coins are really deep. He also has trouble getting fooled by falsing iron. I don't have that problem at all with the Equinox, but it does require a time investment (prolonged investigation/circling) to weed out falsing iron which is a little time consuming sometimes. If the Manticore 2-D screen works as advertised weeding out iron combined with it's supposed depth improvement I think that is a big plus over the D2. 

20 hours ago, longbow62 said:

How much faster is the D2 than the Equinox. My buddy swings one, and we've compared hundreds of targets. I don't know if he is using D2 to it's full potential, but I normally don't crank the Equinox recovery above 6. Most of the time it's on 4. We have yet to see a target both machines won't hit regarding separation. Separation can be achieved with different coil sizes so just how fast does a detector have or need to be. 

How much faster is the Manticore than the Equinox. Did I hear from an engineer it's faster?

Again I have a buddy that swings the D2. He has done extremely well with it. I know 40+ silvers so far. One thing I noticed he has the 9" coil and I waxed him pretty good on a site using the Nox with 11" where the coins are really deep. He also has trouble getting fooled by falsing iron. I don't have that problem at all with the Equinox, but it does require a time investment (prolonged investigation/circling) to weed out falsing iron which is a little time consuming sometimes. If the Manticore 2-D screen works as advertised weeding out iron combined with it's supposed depth improvement I think that is a big plus over the D2. 

We will see the MTC in use with the 2-D screen, given that in deep detection it risks interpreting a good target as iron .... I imagine, but I could be wrong. is only speculative, as long as I haven't tried it. But if it behaves like other VLF detectors that's what is to be feared. Well, we will have to learn to manage it.

On 10/9/2022 at 7:58 PM, longbow62 said:

What is faster? How fast it hits another target? Or How fast it discriminates a target out of the equation? I judge it by the latter. From my experience, the faster a machine can eliminate a shit target the better it is. Too many machines just blur the responses. When I disc out I want just that, DISC. Separation is not speed to me. Run a Tesoro and you will see true speed in discrimination on multiple targets. The 800 which I run, Has major iron bias issues. If iron is within 3 inches of a silver target it will tone and ID as iron, Its disc cannot figure it out. I have a feeling the Manticore is going to be just another click bait detector.