Went For The Gold, But Came Away With 2nd & 3rd Place

Yikes, what's with you and fingernails, Cap'n? 🤣 Seriously, awesome hunt anyway. That first ring is incredible, and the copper one is cool. 👍 Great job, looks like you were digging most targets.

TBH I found a fingernail last week myself. 😀

• Haha 1

Thanks, F350, I can't seem to get away from fingernails... I find them everywhere! 😱

Yeah was in dig all mode to make sure I was making the right calls on bad targets and wasn't skipping good targets. Most of them were what I thought they'd be, but a couple fooled me. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks, F350, I can't seem to get away from fingernails... I find them everywhere! 😱

Yeah was in dig all mode to make sure I was making the right calls on bad targets and wasn't skipping good targets. Most of them were what I thought they'd be, but a couple fooled me. 😉

I was talking about this with @dogodog, and he emphasized that it's good every now and again to take a step back, turn off the filters on a programmable detector especially, and dig it all until you're confident you're finding everything, and in what you're finding.

At least return to a vanilla program just to make sure you haven't over-tweaked your detector. 👍

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 6:05 AM, F350Platinum said:

I was talking about this with @dogodog, and he emphasized that it's good every now and again to take a step back, turn off the filters on a programmable detector especially, and dig it all until you're confident you're finding everything, and in what you're finding.

At least return to a vanilla program just to make sure you haven't over-tweaked your detector. 👍

Thanks for the advice, Bob and dogodog, that's a great idea! I'll try that the next time out. I've only made minor tweaks to the Fast program I use most of the time, but I'll run a few stock programs and a "wide open" program and let you guys know how it goes. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 6:05 AM, F350Platinum said:

I tried your suggestions this weekend and posted the results in the Deus 2 section since it pertains more to using that detector instead of soley about jewelry. Check it out and thanks again for your suggestions!

• Like 1