Finally Minelab Take Responsibility For Screwing Up The GPX 6000 Speaker

phrunt

The GPX Audio Fix Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had the audio/EMI fix done to your GPX 6000 - if you plan to get it done please don't answer the poll until you've got it back and tested it

2. 2. Did the fix improve your built in speaker EMI stability

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done
  3. 3. Did the fix improve overall stability or improve the detector in some other way?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done

21 hours ago, Gravelwasher said:

Love the 6k but if I was not an experienced detectorist already I would hate it.

I get phantom target sounds, bad emi, cant tilt the coil to detect slopes, and had a bad aftermarket coil.

On the plus side if I take it out at night the EMI is greatly reduced and I don't need sunscreen..lol

So I am hopeful some of these issues will get resolved.......eventually...lol

I have noticed that too a few times that the 6000 gets real quiet and nice to run after the sun goes down.

• Like 2

Still no US fix availability on the website. Any dealers out there heard anything about when the fix is going to be offered in the US?

Or, if we send a machine in, can we just get a newer fixed machine exchanged for it, or will it be a waste of a month with them just sending the same old machine back?

Can we at least get a serial # checker or range to verify in the US what machines are affected?

image.jpeg.9659f863bd608f7d82159c9a4d4dd6bb.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Where is a direct link to this notice? I can't find it anywhere. Has it been deleted?

They didn't bother posting it to the US Minelab site. You can only get it on the AUS site with an AUS IP address.

It's under the "updates" tab on the 6000 page there. The US site doesn't even have an "updates" tab for the 6000. At least, I assume it's still there, I saw it myself posted by using an Australian web proxy, but that proxy has stopped working for Minelab's site now so I can't check anymore.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jasong said:

They didn't bother posting it to the US Minelab site. You can only get it on the AUS site with an AUS IP address.

It's under the "updates" tab on the 6000 page there. The US site doesn't even have an "updates" tab for the 6000.

OK, so what does that mean? Only available to Australian users? No service in U.S.? If I have to have an Aussie IP address to even see it, then as far as I am concerned I am being actively blocked. Why nothing on the US website?And what about sales of older models sitting on shelves - nobody telling buyers about this? Not a good look.

I have to admit I have a beef with all these companies. They want our names, addresses, emails, etc., but apparently it's only to try and sell us stuff. When do we ever get an email or a letter from any of these detector companies telling us about product issues and updates? Not just Minelab, all of them. Not just metal detectors either. I saw it big time in the powersports industry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, I sent my GPX6000 in last week to the repair shop in Alum Bank PA. Arrived on Tuesday (yesterday) and on its way back to me Wednesday. Repair tech says "audio update has been performed" (along with a note "Coils is heavily worn" heh heh). I think 24hr turn around time is pretty damn good, but once they get flooded it will likely slow down. Pays to be early I guess!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, tboykin said:

Hey guys, I sent my GPX6000 in last week to the repair shop in Alum Bank PA. Arrived on Tuesday (yesterday) and on its way back to me Wednesday. Repair tech says "audio update has been performed" (along with a note "Coils is heavily worn" heh heh). I think 24hr turn around time is pretty damn good, but once they get flooded it will likely slow down. Pays to be early I guess!

Well that's a more positive feeling than I was having 5 minutes ago. Thanks for that news Tom.

• Like 4

Just now, tboykin said:

Thanks, that's good to know. I have a little break right now, so I was really hoping to send mine in now, but didn't want to waste the month that all my friend's GPX's took to get returned if no fix was available here yet.

I guess it's up to us customers to both discover the problem, discover the hidden fix, and discover if the service center has the ability to perform the fix. :blink: :smile:

• Like 1