Finally Minelab Take Responsibility For Screwing Up The GPX 6000 Speaker

phrunt

The GPX Audio Fix Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had the audio/EMI fix done to your GPX 6000 - if you plan to get it done please don't answer the poll until you've got it back and tested it

2. 2. Did the fix improve your built in speaker EMI stability

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done
  3. 3. Did the fix improve overall stability or improve the detector in some other way?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done

1 hour ago, jasong said:

On this coil crack subject -

I agree. On mine, the cracks were so faint they looked like scratches. Not until I removed the stem and pinched the ears could I see daylight coming through the line. It was definitely not something that would be picked up without being said. I also asked them the check my battery due to some behavior I have mentioned before where a freshly charged battery shows 2 out of 3 bars after a few minutes. It will be very interesting to listen for EMI improvements and repost findings here. You all have much faster ship times. Mine is 6 days by ground. I considered expedited, but the prices were too much.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skookum said:

I agree. On mine, the cracks were so faint they looked like scratches. Not until I removed the stem and pinched the ears could I see daylight coming through the line. It was definitely not something that would be picked up without being said. I also asked them the check my battery due to some behavior I have mentioned before where a freshly charged battery shows 2 out of 3 bars after a few minutes. It will be very interesting to listen for EMI improvements and repost findings here. You all have much faster ship times. Mine is 6 days by ground. I considered expedited, but the prices were too much.

I just looked at my coils too and low and behold, there are cracks on my 11” mono ears also. Luckily there’s a three-year warranty on the coils so I am going to wait a little while before I turn it in as I just spent a lot of money returning the control box for repairs. Besides, I’ve been mainly using my Coiltek 10x5 on it instead.

• Oh my! 1

On 10/16/2022 at 8:50 AM, jasong said:

I've had really bad experiences with Fedex and UPS though too.

These stunts should be included in a movie or a book.

Flak, are you reading this?

Mines in at the repair center now getting done, I'll be able to report back in a few days how the "fix" performs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I took mine outside of town for about 20 minutes earlier today. Cell tower about 2 miles away one direction, power lines about 2 miles the other direction, town about 5 miles away. Helicopter flew over once. 

Still chatters, way more than I'd like, but didn't lose stability entirely like it often does. Walked around with it for 10 mins, then left it sitting on the ground for 10 mins. Didn't have headphone with me to compare with.

Still detects my S22 when off, against the right side of the case. Basically where that reddish wire is at in the photo that goes back towards the speaker. 

Anyways, was usable here, even if quite chattery, but this isn't where I detect for gold and location seems to make a big difference. Gonna be a bit till I can get to the Goldfields still.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, jasong said:

I took mine outside of town for about 20 minutes earlier today. Cell tower about 2 miles away one direction, power lines about 2 miles the other direction, town about 5 miles away. Helicopter flew over once. 

Still chatters, way more than I'd like, but didn't lose stability entirely like it often does. Walked around with it for 10 mins, then left it sitting on the ground for 10 mins. Didn't have headphone with me to compare with.

Still detects my S22 when off, against the right side of the case. Basically where that reddish wire is at in the photo that goes back towards the speaker. 

Anyways, was usable here, even if quite chattery, but this isn't where I detect for gold and location seems to make a big difference. Gonna be a bit till I can get to the Goldfields still.

So how did it compare while sitting on the ground to the parts of my video with it just running the built-in speaker?

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Just a FYI for you.  Keith at Detector Center called and official said they are doing the "speaker mod."  You will need to contact Detector Center and have a ticket created so they know it's coming to them.  Give them a call, let them know and then ship it to them.  

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3