Finally Minelab Take Responsibility For Screwing Up The GPX 6000 Speaker

phrunt

The GPX Audio Fix Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had the audio/EMI fix done to your GPX 6000 - if you plan to get it done please don't answer the poll until you've got it back and tested it

2. 2. Did the fix improve your built in speaker EMI stability

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done
  3. 3. Did the fix improve overall stability or improve the detector in some other way?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done

I specifically asked my service agent and nothing else was done except the components replaced, so unless they lied (extremely unlikely) then that's all that gets done.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, phrunt said:

this "fix" method is lowering the sensitivity of the 6000 to make it more stable

Just Minelab haters trying to start more BS. 
In the past few weeks I’ve taken the GPX6 back to a spot I’ve got quite a few specimens before and with a bit of raking got some more.  They are tiny. 
You can see on the one I’ve zoomed in on that there is only a smattering of gold in it but the GPX6 picked it up fine.  The audio has made no difference at all to sensitivity, IMO.  

1F8FB360-F0E8-4856-9544-9848F78DD26E.thumb.png.f78f10dc1e4e134863ead50f482dc072.png

A943AB50-8795-49E8-AA23-6D48DF521EE3.thumb.jpeg.68ff2dce728c63febc361aa13c5d5e26.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That BS never stops, just be positive about what you believe because at the end of the day that and a few other Ps puts the weight in your pocket.

• Like 1

The only BS I could share about it is showing how big the lunker is that I found and couldn’t fit in  my mouth after I get to use it on a real goldfield for the first time since the upgrade this weekend…or maybe hopefully it won’t be BS 😏

Heh that aint BS GotAu, with that confidence you`ll do ii, and some help from those Ps. Your Doorstopper is coming for sure...😉

31 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

I think i am more surprised that only 5 people did the fix according to the poll.  Or maybe everyone is waiting like me until winter 🤣

Some of us like me are waiting to thoroughly test it out before reporting in.

• Like 2