Finally Minelab Take Responsibility For Screwing Up The GPX 6000 Speaker

phrunt

The GPX Audio Fix Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had the audio/EMI fix done to your GPX 6000 - if you plan to get it done please don't answer the poll until you've got it back and tested it

2. 2. Did the fix improve your built in speaker EMI stability

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done
  3. 3. Did the fix improve overall stability or improve the detector in some other way?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done

Thanks, I just checked and it looks like they've opened it up to everyone now, it works here too.  I was just looking two days ago and it didn't work so you're on the ball.

The "infrequent cases" thing and suggesting best performance is with headphones is just a way to lesson the impact on their service agents I would guess 🙂

• Like 1

I was notified today that the speaker upgrade repair was completed and my GPX6000 battery/power compartment is on its way back to me with return postage paid by Minelab. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I was notified today that the speaker upgrade repair was completed and my GPX6000 battery/power compartment is on its way back to me with return postage paid by Minelab. 

Jeff- Return postage paid? You mean from you to them??  I hope I can get a refund…

16 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Jeff- Return postage paid? You mean from you to them??  I hope I can get a refund…

I paid postage from me to Detector Center Minelab Repair.....I just used USPS Priority Mail for around $20 US.

Detector Center are paying for the postage back to me using the same USPS Priority Mail method.

So the repair cost me $20 in postage and I was without my GPX 6000 for about 2 weeks.........no big deal for me and well worth it hopefully.

• Like 2

This is called a Return to Base warranty in Au/NZ. Completely normal, customer pays postage to service agent, service agent pays return postage to the customer, that's standard, if the manufacturer pays postage both ways that's going above and beyond normal warranty.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jasong said:

Minelab's US site finally put the fix online, it's under the newly added "updates" tab on the 6000 page: https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/gpx-6000 (I can't link to the updates tab directly, you'll have to click the tab)

So in case anyone was waiting to see if it was legit, or officially sanctioned, or whatever...it is. I think it's hilarious they still say "infrequent cases" though, as if it doesn't affect almost every 6000 out there built up until Sept or whenever.

Hopefully they pushed the update to rest of the world now too.

Thanks Jason for the info!

7 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I paid postage from me to Detector Center Minelab Repair.....I just used USPS Priority Mail for around $20 US.

Detector Center are paying for the postage back to me using the same USPS Priority Mail method.

So the repair cost me $20 in postage and I was without my GPX 6000 for about 2 weeks.........no big deal for me and well worth it hopefully.

Did you send it Priority mail with or without insurance? I swore never to end anything of value through USPS again since having my package of gold and platinum stolen by a USPS employee and they didn't cover my loss even with insurance...

• Oh my! 1

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

same here we must have sent ours in at the same time as mine was there about 2 weeks as well. 

strick 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Insurance would be outrageous.  If its still under warranty and breaks in transit just send it back for repair 😂

Doesn't help if a USPS employee opens the package and steals your detector...