Finally Minelab Take Responsibility For Screwing Up The GPX 6000 Speaker

phrunt

The GPX Audio Fix Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had the audio/EMI fix done to your GPX 6000 - if you plan to get it done please don't answer the poll until you've got it back and tested it

2. 2. Did the fix improve your built in speaker EMI stability

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done
  3. 3. Did the fix improve overall stability or improve the detector in some other way?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done

As an inductor is directly related to EMI could part of this "fix" be they had to resubmit a GPX to the FCC process all over again and get all the relevant approvals for the product, now every new GPX is sold with this fix already done so would that mean they needed retested.  It could potentially be why it all took so long to get done, and if they haven't done that, should they have?

Does anyone one know how long the turn around time is for getting repairs to the 6000, or for that matter any detector from the Detector Center in Pennsylvania. I sure wish I had mine back and repaired right now! 

Hey Bill, 

You could always give them a call and find out.  Right now, I'm sure they are plagued with GPX 6000 repairs along with all the other stuff during the now busy prospecting season here in the US.   Many customer send in their detectors to get checked out prior to the season, so they could be loaded down.  That being said, they are normally pretty quick on getting repairs finished and shipped back to the customer.

Rob

• Like 4

5 hours ago, billdean said:

Does anyone one know how long the turn around time is for getting repairs to the 6000, or for that matter any detector from the Detector Center in Pennsylvania. I sure wish I had mine back and repaired right now! 

The first time I sent mine in it was 3 weeks. And that was before this came about.

strick

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

On 11/1/2022 at 6:08 PM, billdean said:

Just got mine back yesterday, It was only less than a week turnaround. Did you have other things to turn in such as Coils? I only sent the control box.

I  was able to test it tonight- they did an audio update which took them about an hour labor. They were pretty good about providing notes of what they did in the receipt.

Rob was right though, call them if you have any questions about yours.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Just got mine back yesterday, It was only less than a week turnaround. Did you have other things to turn in such as Coils? I only sent the control box.

I haven’t been able to test it yet, they did an audio update which took them about an hour labor. They were pretty good about providing notes of what they did in the receipt.

Rob was right though, call them if you have any questions about yours.

I sent the coil also, as I think I may have a bad one. They received it Monday morning the 31st. I hate being without it! I hope it is a short turn around.

Ok, just tested mine tonight and it is stable sitting on the ground as compared to what was happening before the service.  It seems a lot better and does not go into a feedback loop when I switch between Bluetooth and the internal speaker.

• Like 3

Thanks GotAU, another confirmation of the fix working as intended, people are absolutely nuts not to get this done. 

• Like 2