Finally Minelab Take Responsibility For Screwing Up The GPX 6000 Speaker

phrunt

The GPX Audio Fix Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had the audio/EMI fix done to your GPX 6000 - if you plan to get it done please don't answer the poll until you've got it back and tested it

2. 2. Did the fix improve your built in speaker EMI stability

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done
  3. 3. Did the fix improve overall stability or improve the detector in some other way?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, possibly
    • Not sure, I don't think so
    • Don't care, not getting it done

50 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

I think i am more surprised that only 5 people did the fix according to the poll.  Or maybe everyone is waiting like me until winter 🤣

Like GotAU said plus several North American owners on here are waiting for their GPX 6000 repairs to be completed and/or to get their's back from Detector Center.

• Like 3

I don't think everyone's noticed the poll, Northeast for example has clearly had it fixed but not answered the poll, hey Northeast 🙂 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And nothing about it on the Minelab U.S. website still, so it’s only word of mouth, this forum, or a few dealers even telling people about the update.

Cool ear fix also! Mine was replaced and sent back as soon as they got the defective one.

It's a difficult one for dealers, if they've had stock sitting there for more than a couple of months they're selling detectors that need sent away to get repaired as soon as they're in the customers hands, unless of course the customer doesn't care.  It does put them in an unenviable position though, do they tell customers the detector they're about to buy could benefit from being sent away for repair as soon as they leave the shop with it and if that's the case the customer may just be put off buying it and look at alternatives from competitors or buy a newer stock GPX from elsewhere that has the fix incorporated from the factory. 

If I was the dealer I would seriously consider just sending my stock in to be fixed before even selling it, then at least I could sell them without a guilty conscience, and this would normally be how a recall works.   I guess the way Minelab sees it is the problem only bothers some people, so only those people need to worry about getting it fixed, that benefits their back pocket too.  It's a real puzzle why they've left it so long with only Aussies checking the firmware update section of the website for the 6000 is the only official source of the information for it with all other countries blocked from seeing it, even NZ which shares the Aussie website, they just can't be blind to the fact word is out now anyway.

I'm happy mine is fixed now, although I wouldn't have even known about the fix officially as I like everyone else except Austrlaian IP's was blocked from seeing the notice about it.

My 6000 has been at Detector Center going on 2 weeks now with no word when it will be fix! I was thinking when I sent it in for repairs it would be a quick turn-a-around. Not so! I am a little pi-sed about this whole deal now! Not only does it need the speaker fix but a coil fix as well! They say they have greater than normal repairs going on now.

• Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, billdean said:

My 6000 has been at Detector Center going on 2 weeks now with know word when it will be fix! I was thinking when I sent it in for repairs it would be a quick turn-a-around. Not so! I am a little pi-sed about this whole deal now! Not only does it need the speaker fix but a coil fix as well! They say they have greater than normal repairs going on now.

Sorry about that. When did they get it?

Hey that survey stinks!  😄 

People that don’t care and aren’t going to get it done are throwing the numbers off on number 2 and 3 questions. You can’t really compare whether it works or not when somebody doesn’t get it done- Unless you’re using that as a control group….🤔

31 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Sorry about that. When did they get it?

The morning of October 31st