Hello From Alberta, Canada

fogrider

Hello. My name is Craig. I live in a rural area in Northern Alberta, Canada. I'm 63 years old.

Back in the early 1980's I enjoyed many hours detecting in Edmonton Alberta with my trusty Whites Coinmaster 5000D. I would hunt the parks, playgrounds and boulevards of the river valley area, as well as some of the surrounding towns.

I was an avid coin collector in my youth. I still remember finding an 1896 large cent as well as a 1910 quarter, along with lots of other old coins.

Flash forward to today. I decided to reboot my old hobby, so I scooped a Minelab Equinox 600 for a great price from Cabela's Canada, as well as a Garrett pinpointer. 

The area I live isn't that old; mostly post-1900 communties. That being said, I've had some good finds in my first month detecting this year. Please see my post in the "coins and relics" forum for more details. 

I still get a thrill when I see the edge of a silver coin pop out of the dirt, and I hope to enjoy many more years of detecting and collecting.

I look forward to hearing of your experiences, and sharing stories of those great finds.

Cheers!

thumbnail_20220915_195110.jpg

thumbnail_20220917_121620.jpg

thumbnail_20220925_153810.jpg

thumbnail_20220915_233434.jpg

• Like 5

Glad to have you with us and I see some very nice items that you have found.

Looks like an old church in the picture and that is a good place to hunt.

I know that it is going to get cold up there soon and wish you luck on your next few hunts before the cold weather puts a stop to it.

Welcome from East Texas.