Sun Ray Inline Probe For The Equinox Announced!

Cal_Cobra

I honestly thought Sun Ray went under years ago, but they're back with an announcement of a new Sun Ray inline probe for the Equinox.

Code Name: Nexus
We are proud to announce the unveiling of the Equinox NX-1.
This is a resigned from the ground up in-line pin-pointer. This product is weatherproof( not waterproof), with a carbon fiber probe assembly.
Retail price is 249.00

https://fb.watch/fNFw71EUDS/

308681480_602079511617875_4139790109874787804_n.jpg

• Like 5

Interesting, those inline pinpointers are great and I still have one for my MXT. However, the handheld pinpointer market was somewhat less competitive at that time…

93D37779-CB2B-4BA4-BEB9-F031A7565164.jpeg

The In line probe would be nice to have on a detector for sure. I keep thinking we can't be too far away from a good Fe/ non Fe Disc handheld unit.

I could see me breaking that thing in about 2 hunts lol....whats the purpose of it anyways? you guys are talking about discing out iron? Is that what makes it unique? also it adds weight to the detector....I love their headphones and their  beach pouch's..good stuff.

strick 

• Like 1

What is the inline probe supposed to offer over the deadly pinpoint accuracy of the built-in Nox pinpointer?  And for another $249.00?

The Sun Ray inline pinpointer is really just a 1” coil attached directly to your detector. The advantages are that it provides full discrimination, VDI, sound through the detector’s speaker/headphones and greatly increased depth.

The detection depth on my Sun Ray probe is at least 1/2” more than my F-Pulse or TRX. Depth can be controlled by increasing/decreasing the sensitivity setting on your detector.

The disadvantages are cost, additional wires and added swing weight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JCR said:

The In line probe would be nice to have on a detector for sure. I keep thinking we can't be too far away from a good Fe/ non Fe Disc handheld unit.

The Minelab Profind 35 and Quest Xpointer Max have Ferrous/Non-Ferrous discrimination.

• Like 1

I knew there was an attempt at it but was thinking it did not work as well as expected. 

I own a Profind 35, and it’s a great pinpointer, but the ferrous/nonferrous disc is very rudimentary at best. The Sun Ray probe uses your detector’s discrimination circuitry, so you get the same sounds and VDI numbers as when using the main coil… Basically using the full power and features of the Equinox as a 1” pinpointing coil. That and the depth are the main selling points of the Sun Ray.

• Like 5