Turf Hunt Before The Hurricane--rewarded

like that sandy looking Florida soil...must be easy digging? nice work and stay safe...got a friend with a nice home on one of the barrier Islands near Placidia looks like it might be a direct hit...I guess we'll see what happens. 

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 2

Nice photos.  Got the following map off  NYTimes:

1615245953_Screenshotat2022-09-27191020.thumb.png.c03793d4a2de743d7c29798f45f76004.png

Does storm surge predict recovery of long buried valuables for detectorists?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Does storm surge predict recovery of long buried valuables for detectorists?

If there is wave action to go along with the surge. The gulf side is usually so sanded in that there isn't much to find other than recently dropped items. I'm not sure if I will be able to get out after the storm, as they are predicting 12-18" of rain in our area, south of Clearwater. Guessing it will be quite a mess to clean up. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Great hunt, good luck. 👍 Hope you are safe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Be safe.  I lived in Port Charlotte and worked in Arcadia many years ago.  

Go to a swimming beach afterwards.  Try to determine an area that has repetitive waves rather than just a few big ones or a surge.

I know more about the East Coast of Florida beaches than West Coast but I've hunted the Venice (Fla) beaches for sharks' teeth to good success so maybe there will be some big teeth too!  That is not a good swimming beach.

You have to be willing to get to different beaches.  I went to a favorite beach of mine after our hurricane about a month ago, and it was disappointing for the heavier gold items.

Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

I'm not sure if I will be able to get out after the storm,

Just be ready to hit the beach when your inside the eye. There is little to no rain, and not so windy also.

That might be the answer to getting the deeper stuff.

Just kidding of course, please stay safe and I wish you luck on getting through the storm.

Beautiful finds for sure and i hope that many more show up after the storms are gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Great silver finds there. Damn I wish my ground was that easy to dig, mine still is like iron. Hope you and your family is safe and you don't have any damage. Hope to see some finds after everything settles down for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1