Finally Another Successful Ring Recovery..

Great job on the save, I am sure that he was thrilled that he was able to have it back.

It's people like you that give people like us a good name for helping out, but I think you could have held out for a $100.

Just kidding of course and good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

Even if he didn't offer anything it would've still been worth it for the huge smile on his face when he got his ring back..

I wouldn't have expected anything else from you as you are one of the few rare people in this world.

Most people would have tried to gain more from the find, but as I have learned from your past stories I knew that you would be more than fare with this person.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is great when you get an accurate lost location. I looked for a couple of hours for a wedding ring. She said it was on the front lawn as she had spent all day there. The location was full of junk and no ring. About 3 months later it was found in the house when it fell out of the phone book. As it was a work mate wife he could not apologies more for the time spent on the junk laden front lawn. ☺️

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Nice recovery! 

I would've taken the $100 and not thought twice about it.  Factor in your experience, cost of your detecting gear, and scuba gear (how many detectorists also have the ability to scuba?) and I bet the ring looser wouldn't have had a second thought about the $100 finders fee.  Hopefully he leaves a nice feedback for you on your Facebook page.

• Like 5

That's the problem when you mix hobbies with business, if you enjoy doing something it's hard to charge for it, it doesn't mean you shouldn't charge for it, it just makes it harder to justify taking the money.

I would have taken the approach you did Erik, $50 is still decent because you got paid to do your hobby, now, on that does anyone want to pay me to go recover some pellets, I mean nuggets.  I charge $100 an hour, you get half of everything I find 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Erik, No BS you might be the most generous detector on our forum. Hats off to you my friend. Glad to hear that your back at it making yourself and your clients happy. Hopefully you will find a big chunker that you can keep for your self. I might have to rename you the Detecting Monk for all the good that you do. Great story and recovery.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1