New Nexus Standard Mpv3

2 hours ago, Matt4gold said:

what does that thing cost and are there other coils? 

https://www.nexusdetectors.com/onlineshop.html

• Like 2

Ok device is not cheap but very, very well made. Coil is carbon fiber and is very light - we talking about double 10" butterfly style coil. Overall weight is about 1.9 kg = 4.1 lbs. Is not light but very well balanced. What about adjustments. Ok is not easy and it could be the bad idea buy it without experience or like rookie in metal detecting world. 

What we have here?!

1. We have two ground balance adjustments. Coarse and Fine GB knobs. The Fine control is a 10 turn for fine tuning, the Coarse control is one turn for coarse tuning.

2. The Discrimination control of the MP V3 needs to be set somewhere around 3-4 on the scale (similar to MkII) to avoid digging iron as non-ferrous. It's best to choose your setting on the field after digging some signals.

Unlike MkII the Discrimination of MP V3 is very soft in adjustment values. This means there is no danger of turning it too much at very small increments.

3. The LC-MC SET control is used to turn on/off the RGB LED meter and to adjust the cut off point between low conductors (LC) and medium conductors (MC). If this control is set to the left (0), only the lowest conductors will be indicated with green color - hammered gold coins, Roman gold coins, any small gold coin or artifact as well as very small bits of foil.

All other non-ferrous targets will be indicated either with added Orange (Medium conductors MC) or White/Blue (high conductors)

If you turn the LC-MC SET to the right some hammered silver coins will be indicated as low conductors as well as most pull tabs.

4. The Mineral Control is to be used only on highly mineralized ground containing magnetite. MC Fine stands for mineral control fine adjustment.

If you turn on the mineral control the detector's sensitivity will be marginally reduced, but this will enable you to your audible Threshold close to powerful interference sources.

5. The Threshold of MP V3 should be used with some audible level at all times - constant hum. This is so that the very deepest small targets can be detected and all other targets to give really good broad response.

Audible Threshold will make sure the V3 gets everything way better than any other detector in existence, even the MP V2 (which is a beast in it's own right).

The general advice is swing the coil about 10 cm above ground on all sites and listen to the audible Threshold. When target is located if iffy lower the coil closer to ground. If the LED meter is uncertain use the VCO to give you final word.

6. The VCO control is to be used only to identify iffy targets or on contaminated ground.

The VCO control needs to be set so that the first green light just comes up. This will set the VCO tones to the audible middle between low tones and high tones.

The VCO is the ultimate way to identify very iffy (weak signals) targets at maximum depth.

When used on contaminated ground the Threshold of V3 has to be quiet so that the constant use of VCO tones there will not be disruptive.

Iron will not be indicated on the RGB LED meter unless the Disc control is set close to 0. In this case Iron will be indicated with green color like all low conductors.

7. The battery test will show you levels between 10.5V and 11.5V. So when the battery test is showing less than full led green bar then batteries are getting close to a new charge.

• Like 2

Certainly a very interesting machine,look forward to see how the larger coils performs,not your everyday use coil for sure,obviously aimed at deep artefact hunting and WW2 military items....deep machine for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

Certainly a very interesting machine,look forward to see how the larger coils performs,not your everyday use coil for sure,obviously aimed at deep artefact hunting and WW2 military items....deep machine for sure.

That is right... so I have two. Butterfly double 10 low frequency inches and CC 10 high frequency. We see. Im using also Pathfinder twobox from Nexus... and that is part of electronic art.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

That is right... so I have two. Butterfly double 10 low frequency inches and CC 10 high frequency. We see. Im using also Pathfinder twobox from Nexus... and that is part of electronic art.

The 11'' 24khz is a really lovely coil,also the 8x6,10'' and 13'' LF coil.....my favourite is still the old standard SE model with the dual 9'' coil i may possibly take the MP out this weekend on a roman site as i have not used it for a while,have the machine on charge and currently have the 11'' coil on it because the permission is very trashy as usually roman sites are.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first out after me. Machine is not light at all 1.9 kg but balanced perfectly. I'm talking about setup with dual butterfly coil so it always be heavier than other coils that size. Anyway that double coil was made from carbon fiber so it could be the lighter coil that kind.

No sensitivity adjustment and that is great. Ground balancing procedure is easy and fast. VCO tones works very well little weird at first time for me, but target locking on iron carpet site is perfect. You can switch that off if you like. VCO meter with multi color led works also fine. Recovery is fast and is really adaptive. I'm waiting for silver Scout coil right now.

Very quiet even indoors you don't struggle with EMI.

What about depth? How to say... I don't know nothing to compare. For me, perfect second machine on hunted to death sites.

D8EF8579-187C-4C30-9D9B-7F3357549C94.jpg

IMG_7627.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shelton said:

What about depth? How to say... I don't know nothing to compare. For me, perfect second machine on hunted do death sites.

Then what depth can be expected for this medal with the MPV3 ?  If its made of copper then I would say 30cm for a VLF like the D2 or the Equinox ...  Thx ..

On 10/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, palzynski said:

Then what depth can be expected for this medal with the MPV3 ?  If its made of copper then I would say 30cm for a VLF like the D2 or the Equinox ...  Thx ..

That one was from 35 cm and response was loud and clear in ocean of iron but… I was found also tiny horseshoe from 80 cm also loud and clean. I don’t have experience with it yet.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Shelton said:

That one was from 35 cm and response was loud and clear in ocean of iron but… I was found also tiny horseshoe from 80 cm also loud and clean. I don’t have experience with it yet.

The iron discrimination is often a weakness with such powerful detectors. Just like PIs ; going very deep but with very poor discri making them unusable on european soils .  Unless this MPV3 is different and offers a very good iron disc ...

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, palzynski said:

The iron discrimination is often a weakness with such powerful detectors. Just like PIs ; going very deep but with very poor discri making them unusable on european soils .  Unless this MPV3 is different and offers a very good iron disc ...

Must admit i totally agree with you,unless your objects are say WW2 military items like helmets and the such like then these big coils are basically pointless with these extra large coils,of course its great for when you do need the amazing extra depth but as a everyday setup then i would say they have limited appeal.....would be great with say with a much smaller coil setup in the 15'' dia range,but then you might as well just use the 13'' coil......the 11.5'' Concentric coil is a very good coil running at 24khz and deadly on really trashy sites especially when gold and silver hammered coins are around,that would be interesting,my main use coils are the 8''x6'' and the 11.5'' Concentric,i dont tend to use the 10'' and 13'' coil well very rarely i do keep them for more specific detecting  like hoard hunting or relic detecting......these are just my personal observations and not aimed at belittling anyone or brand etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1