New Nexus Standard Mpv3

6 hours ago, RickUK said:

......the 11.5'' Concentric coil is a very good coil running at 24khz and deadly on really trashy sites especially when gold and silver hammered coins are around,that would be interesting,my main use coils are the 8''x6'' and the 11.5'' Concentric..

And how much would you estimate the depth difference between a MPV3 8X6 or 11,5 and a classical VLF detector like an Equinox 11 or a D2 11 on a big coin for example ?   thanks  ..

• 4 months later...

Few more pictures of not finished Nexus Pathfinder V3. Almost done. Pure monster....

obraz_viber_2023-02-20_17-07-07-157.thumb.jpg.5dfe4b2aa07627e673569e0b71ab4dac.jpg

obraz_viber_2023-02-20_17-07-49-580.thumb.jpg.188adf05f8072676237ca1f3f25ab21f.jpg

obraz_viber_2023-02-20_17-07-34-231.thumb.jpg.0d99163fe277c24ac19b3ba8394975bc.jpg

obraz_viber_2023-02-20_17-08-03-474.thumb.jpg.6a837ea30650793949f2745b3448c5b3.jpg

obraz_viber_2023-02-20_17-20-23-078.thumb.jpg.2386aa338df3a53c42407c6ccfc9e549.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok few moments with new 24kHz Silver Scout coil… what is awesome? That machine run very very smooth. You have feel that you control everything… you know where is iron and where are high conductors.

IMG_9109.jpeg

IMG_9104.jpeg

IMG_9102.jpeg

IMG_9105.jpeg

Ok, that setup with concentric Silver Scout coil works very well. MPV3 is easy to set up and works perfectly in iron. Also is good weight balanced.

The audio is very smooth and easy to learn. In my conditions - a lot of iron is necessary to use a single ton and VCO only to check suspected targets.

The LED meter works like a second-hand tool. If you are not sure you can use it to examine what kind of conductor you have under your coil. Single-tone audio is easy to distinguish, iron targets are longer and blurry but low and high conductors work faster and crisp - beep - beep in both directions just click on them. 

When you are on VCO you hear two tones. No place for mistakes even with tricky targets near iron and a fast look at the LED meter to be sure of 100%.

• Like 1

Last movie - english subtitles:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Test on my iron filed (English subtitles)

• Like 1

Little summary. The threshold was too high, and the place is heavily covered with iron. Deus II or Manticore, which I have, hardly works here. They are much louder and it isn't easy to find something precious. Depth and recovery speed is incredible with SS coil. I will try to use a double butterfly coil above the high grass soon. I'm impressed with how that metal detector performs. Nexus Mp v3 is a true high-quality tool and is different than other devices. You have to forget everything you've learned with other detectors and start from scratch. Lesson learned.

• Like 1

Discrimination on it reminds me much lile my Tejon but better audio.

That is a non motion machine right? Is it FCC compliant? Scares me to dish out some big bucks and have some schmuck in Customs keep it.

Some very good videos,my 2 favourite coils for the Nexus MP are the small 8x6 DD coil which stays on the machine 85% of the time and also the 11.5'' Concentric coil,the latter coil is very good for trashy roman sites and especially silver hammered coins as well.

• Like 1

That looks one solidly built shaft, I like the statement in the video "a detector is only as good as it's coil", so true and what a difference a good coil can make to a detector.  Good to see a concentric coil on that too, many manufacturers have moved away from them or only offer them on their entry level machines for some odd reason.

• Like 2