A 1200 Years Old Silver Found With The Deus2

palzynski

• The title was changed to A 1200 Years Old Silver Found With The Deus2

I get excited with a 120 year old coin and you find one 10 times as old.  Heck, your consolation prize is over 400 years old....

Great work!

• Like 3

Wow, if only we had such a rich history here. Congratulations on such great finds! 👍 Nice job with the Deus.

• Like 3

Those are awesome finds, palzynski, well done! It looks like you have you're killing it with your WS6 Master setup.

It's hard for us in the US to imagaine any coins that old except for the very rarely found 1600s Spanish coin. Detecting on top of thousands of years of history must be absolutely magical! 😵 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Those are awesome finds, palzynski, well done! It looks like you have you're killing it with your WS6 Master setup.

It's hard for us in the US to imagaine any coins that old except for the very rarely found 1600s Spanish coin. Detecting on top of thousands of years of history must be absolutely magical! 😵 

Right this D2 WS6 Master + 9" coil is a killer 🙂 ; ultra light , excellent "cristalline" SQUARE audio , deeper than the D1 , great separation in the iron trash ...  

Yes it is magical 🙂 ... We have older coins like Roman coins over here  . But for some reason the Carolingian coins are my preferred ones , perhaps because they are the very first coins of the medieval ages ..  They definitely have something special , and they are rare ...

• Like 2

You are right Alain..., the first silver hammereds struck in the given territory,, really has its own charm,,, and such a find is really pleasing.. probably because they are small and delicate works of art.,, but it is also with nice Roman and Celtic coins..:smile:

...I wish you good luck with Deus II in the next detection....👍:wink:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great finds, That's a really awesome little coin. Never heard of such a coin, but thanks for the story. I really love hearing about stuff that I will never have a chance to find. Best of luck the next run around!!!

• Thanks 1

I share the same lament about a lack of history where I hunt. Usually my oldest find is an RC Cola bottle cap. Great job on the recoveries. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2