Hi, I am currently using a car battery for my gold cube when in the field.  It is my understanding that they lose power as they continue to run so the water flow is slowing down quite a bit before the battery is dead. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a better battery that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?  I know everyone says to use a deep cycle marine battery but they are so expensive.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Matt

If you have a farm supply store near you like Rural King, I would go there for a marine battery or a golf cart battery.

They are about $150 but they are worth the money as they are more durable in the long run.

• Like 1

I'd buy a couple of these LiFePo batteries. They're 8 amp/hour. I use them on my mineral jig, and other equipment. Very lightweight, too. Good for thousands of charge/discharge cycles. Cost me about $100 each when I bought them. Just looked them up, and now only $67 on Amazon

LiFePo batteries

• Like 3

Trojan lead/acid deep cycle batteries are the best of the best. Plus they are built better than most batts and last way longer, thicker plates. Yrs. longer. I learned this while RV camping with a 17 ft Casita travel trailer, I went thru several "deep cycle" dept store batts in a few yrs before finding out a true deep cycle batt is much better and last way longer. I think I paid 235.00 for my last Trojan Deep Cycle batt. I could go for days on a single charge while camping with it. Remarkably better than dept store deep cycle batts.

• Like 1