Persistence Pays Off

Great job! I know what you mean by getting "foiled". It just proves that the only way to get the good stuff is to dig everything. Awesome recovery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice job on the gold, what did it ring up as.

Good luck on your next hunt.

VL, I was running in 15khz at the time and it was a nice steady 8-9. I really think for coins and jewelry in dirt the single freq's work better on the 800.

Great find Dogo! 😀 Looks like you got another interesting object there next to the spoon. Coin? Token?

Are the other coins all modern? Shame the stone is missing but you got the gold. 👍

• Thanks 1

350, Not sure what that is. It has a bunch of little holes around the edges also. Might be something from an old clock, I'll throw it in my odd finds box and research it later when I'm rained in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like someone took a 5k diamond out and tossed the ring back 😛

Nice find!

• Haha 3

More than likely Ken, I've found a few stoneless rings in the last few years. Makes me want to bring a sieve with me to check the dirt. These days beggars can't be choosers, The way the summer was, I'm seriously in the beggar category. At this point, I'm happy to find foil.

• Like 3

Congrats on the sweet gold! I always wonder where the missing diamonds are and if it is worth the effort to try and find them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dogodog said:

More than likely Ken, I've found a few stoneless rings in the last few years. Makes me want to bring a sieve with me to check the dirt. 

Yo Dog... nice work! I was just getting ready to say that but you beat me to it. Thanks for posting a great find. 

strick

• Like 1