A Happy Ending

Awesome! You are part of a very special club. You got to make a difference in another persons life metal detecting. No better feeling.  

• Like 6

Glad to see another save and glad to see the owner reunited with their ring.

Only if gold was that easy to find, we would all be millionaires by now.

• Like 2

Nice job Strick, Hope he gave you a week in the duck blind. I love duck and of course it tastes better than a gold ring. Best of luck next time out my friend!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a great story and one that you will always remember. All treasure hunters should be so lucky. What's that saying?..."Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while."

• Haha 2

Awesome story and recovery Strick.  Not a fan of duck meat but people sit out there freezing to shoot them.  I would think there are shotgun shells everywhere to hamper your recovery of the ring. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dogodog said:

Nice job Strick, Hope he gave you a week in the duck blind. I love duck and of course it tastes better than a gold ring. Best of luck next time out my friend!!!

I think I got a lifetime pass. They keep asking me if I want to go out...I don’t like getting up at 4am for a duck any more...been there done that...I was out there last summer helping put in a new flood gate to one of the culverts that feed the club..just to hang out...lots of money to keep a club going like that. They do get some grants from the state once in a while but lots of red tape... thanks fellas for the comments.

strick

• Like 3

Well maybe they can just slide you a couple of ducks, Get up at 8:00 am, Pour yourself a big fat mug of coffee and prep them for the feast. Might I suggest wrapped in BACON, Slow cooked with a Maple, Chipotle and Bourbon sauce. Now that is some good eats. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1