Help Bug? Nokta Legend Very Noisy After Update To 1.09

Hello everyone, yesterday my nokta legend arrived and I updated it to 1.09 but I feel that it has a lot of noise, it is in sensitivity from 20 to 30. I don't know what it could be, but I read that some people after updating to 1.09 got a noisy legend. any suggestion? factory fault?

WhatsApp-Video-2022-10-02-at-18.07.02.gif

I am going to call that electromagnetic interference.

Unless you live in a house or cabin with no electricity and that house or cabin is far from a city…..you will have EMI especially on extremely high gain simultaneous multi frequency detectors like the Legend. Even at sensitivity 18 and several frequency scans, EMI is still noticeable if I try to use it in my house or in my backyard/neighborhood. Switch it to 20 or 40 kHz single frequency and see it it quiets down at 20 sensitivity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Voy a llamar a eso interferencia electromagnética.

A menos que viva en una casa o cabaña sin electricidad y esa casa o cabaña esté lejos de una ciudad... tendrá EMI especialmente en detectores multifrecuencia simultáneos de ganancia extremadamente alta como el Legend. Incluso con una sensibilidad de 18 y varios escaneos de frecuencia, la EMI aún se nota si trato de usarla en mi casa o en mi patio trasero/vecindario. Cámbielo a una frecuencia única de 20 o 40 kHz y verá que se silencia a una sensibilidad de 20.

Your answer reassures me, s completely normal to have that noise at high sensitivities in the city, I tested 20khz and completely silent up to 30 sensitivity. So it is nothing wrong with the detector. my mistake.

• Like 4

Try it in Beach mode. If that quiets it down then it’s EMI.

• Like 1

If you have the 6" coil too toss that on and see if the machine behaves the same. Generally larger coils are more susceptible to emi.

• Like 1

Did you do a factory reset after you did the update is my first question

15 hours ago, Cristian said:

Hello everyone, yesterday my nokta legend arrived and I updated it to 1.09 but I feel that it has a lot of noise, it is in sensitivity from 20 to 30. I don't know what it could be, but I read that some people after updating to 1.09 got a noisy legend. any suggestion? factory fault?

WhatsApp-Video-2022-10-02-at-18.07.02.gif

I was expeiencing the same thing.

I realized that if I put my cell phone in aitplane mode or turn it off the chattering would stop. 

Have you tried this?