Playing Around With Coils And Lower Rods

dsb

Wont drive for awhile due to thyroid acting up.   But swept the yard again with the 11" stock and the Coiltek 10x5.  I made my own C/F Rod in 2018 and never took it off.  They sent the new replacement rod but never used it until today.  Just put the stock coil on the new lower.  It's really a tight fit in my C/F rod.  Anyway i hit my trashy hard hit yard with the stock coil in park 1 no FE but changed ferrous 2 to 1 and knocked out ID 40 after two rusty iron fakers.  Found a couple copper penny's among the junk and had to work at it.  Switched back to the 10x5 coiltek and found another in same ground i went over but it rang up like silver 29 to 35.  It always ID's penny's high, anyone else notice this?  Regular coil will do  it occasionally. Rejected 40 cuz i i thought it helps in junk or for depth.  Quit sooner than i wanted but will play more in the morning, never gave the coiltek enough time, got to be another nickle at least in that mess.

• Like 2

Yes the 10x5 tends to ID some pennies higher than usual. 👍 I've had them go as high as 28 depending on their purity. It's a bonus to me tho because Zincolns are relegated to 18-19. If anything IDs from 17-19 I'll dig it, because it's generally older silver, but I do get some crusty Zincolns now and again 😀 I generally don't dig 39-40s because I'll use a single frequency to suss them out. Otherwise it could be a dollar, it happens. 🤪

I think no matter the malady, no matter the effects of old age in my case, it is always good to get out there.  Good job testing!

• Like 3