You Know, For An Old, Outdated Detector The Equinox Isn't Too Shabby

I think it's gotta be as Steve say's too.  I didn't think about the manticore shaft though due to the coil connection.  I doubt they change the coil attachment on the coils but just put a nox type lower in the manti shaft.  Maybe this is the reason for recent price drop, clear out old stock.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 1:13 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Most of us have moved on with multifrequency or are doing so. Yes, single frequency will be around for entry level or specialized niche detectors. But time moves on, and you can either move with it, or be an old fuddy duddy living in the past. :smile:

What would be nice is after four years, Minelab took some of the improvements made with Manticore, and refreshed the Equinox with an update. No new electronics, but some new hardware would be nice. That Manticore rod is what most of us wanted, and many of us made for ourselves or bought aftermarket. If I were Minelab, I'd would ditch the leaky Nox pod and replace it with the Manticore pod. Reduce having two pods with one for production economy of scale, and eliminate some of the warranty expense Nox has been incurring. Win win. Equinox II + Manticore = More Sales

The best idea I've heard yet! Yes, a lot of us have gone the carbon fiber shaft route, have reinforced our coil ears and that leaves the control pod leakage unsolved, although with many hours of submerged use, thankfully, my pod has remained dry. I'd sure like to go from 50 VDI segments to 100 like my AT Pro has. My 800 is doing just fine though. I'm not ready to chase rainbows as I'm very comfortable on land and in water with it.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2022 at 11:19 PM, Sinclair said:

I think there are many people who would (have to) choose the Nox over a Manticore - even if it's just for the price.

And even that is a tough one .. at the moment, Nokta cranks out the Legend for 499€, 599€ with headphones, 699€ for the pro pack with headphones, 11" + 6" coil, extra battery - while the Nox 800 is on sale for 899€..

For the brand-unbiased users, that's pretty much a no-brainer imho.

You add the $650 Equinox 600 to the mix and the decision becomes a bit harder.

• Like 1

Not really - it‘s 699€ over here with cabled headphones. And then you still have that junk stem and limited settings.. 🤷‍♂️

I‘m still happy with my 800, anyway. We‘ll see what comes up next week.

• Like 1